Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Please Help | MKS Gen L V2.0 Error Device Not Recognized

Posted by ifleep 
Please Help | MKS Gen L V2.0 Error Device Not Recognized
April 30, 2021 11:00AM
I have MKS Gen L V2.0 and when used for the first time, I installed CH340G drivers and it worked fine but one day I was trying to install firmware and I inserted the SD card with Marlin on it.

I tried to connect it to PronterFace and it got connected, showed me the Marlin version and everything, but then I reconfigured the firmware and it did not work so I pulled my USB cord out of my laptop and tried to reconnect, it did not work after that, shows the error, 'Device Not Recognized.'
(Interestingly, I have a clone Arduino Mega2560 which uses CH340G drivers and that did not work as well after that. I used the clone as a metric to see if my drivers work.)

Now I reinstalled Windows and CH340G drivers and the clone Mega2560 works fine (COM3) but the MKS Board shows the error, 'Device Not Recognized.'

(The four little LEDs on the MKS board light up fine, I tried inserting SD card with fresh build of Marlin as well.)

Each little contribution will be greatly appreciated. Thank You so muchtongue sticking out smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/30/2021 11:18AM by ifleep.
Re: Please Help | MKS Gen L V2.0 Error Device Not Recognized
May 01, 2021 09:43AM
Ch340 is hardware.

nothing you can do in firmware will stop the computer seeing it. (it may not respond or do anything useful due to bad code, but windows will always see it)

It is either dead hardware or windows

Remove all unneeded hardware, ie all stepper drivers and lcd/tfts and re test it

also try these drivers. [learn.sparkfun.com]
May 01, 2021 10:55AM
Thank you so much for your response.

I tried removing the hardware and I tried the same drivers from Chinese site. I had installed fresh copy of Windows but I'm sure I did nothing that could fry the board sad smiley

Still it doesn't work.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/01/2021 03:29PM by ifleep.
May 02, 2021 12:58PM
Can flashing the bootloader resolve the issue maybe?
May 03, 2021 04:17AM
"nothing you can do in firmware will stop the computer seeing it. (it may not respond or do anything useful due to bad code, but windows will always see it)"

bootloader is firmware

It will not help

It is either dead or your windows is very broken. (try it on other machines)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login