Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Is it possible to get the Firmware off a MKS gen L v1.0?

Posted by Ramon3D 
Is it possible to get the Firmware off a MKS gen L v1.0?
February 18, 2023 11:24AM
Hello everyone!

A friend gave me his printer to repair, I have no clue what brand it is and I don't know anything about the components. All I know is that it's some kit he got off AliExpress years ago.

I fixed the major mechanical issues, though there's still some stuff I need to do, like adding a cooling fan. Problem is, the Firmware isn't set up with a cooling fan in mind and I'd like it to be controllable, but since I have zero information on the printer I can't exactly download the firmware from anywhere and I'm not about to dig around sketchy Chinese sites to get a firmware that might work...

So I was wondering if it's possible to somehow read it off the board or something? I haven't used this style of controller in my builds for a while now, so I've kind of grown used to having the config and all that on an SD for the duet...

I could configure a new firmware but that would require some trial and error, especially in regards to the mystery hotends in there, since it is a dual extrusion setup.

Also I'm glad I remembered this forum. I haven't been here in a while heh...
Re: Is it possible to get the Firmware off a MKS gen L v1.0?
February 18, 2023 07:28PM
You cannot extract the config from the firmware. (unless its a recent version they enabled Config embedding)

Best you can do is dump what settings you can get to

M115
M502
Re: Is it possible to get the Firmware off a MKS gen L v1.0?
February 22, 2023 04:02AM
Ah damn... Thank you, that is pretty much what I feared though. I hope there aren't any obscure or non-standard components...

I'll try the M codes, thank you!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login