Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Techzone monotronics board question

Posted by JLudlow 
Techzone monotronics board question
July 20, 2011 07:01PM
Hello Everyone,

I am new to the forums here and my partner and I are in the process of putting together a Techzone Laser Cut Mendel. We have gotten to the point where we are adjusting the temperature for the stepper motors. I am currently trying to adjust the X-axis stepper motor and I am finding that the temperature of the motor remains very high (well above 50 C) and turning the pot counterclockwise is not bringing the temperature down at all. Turning it clockwise seems to do nothing as well.
Has anyone had this problem? Does this mean my board is defective?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions or tips,

Jacqueline

Our Mendel journey so far

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/21/2011 08:45AM by JLudlow.
Re: Techzone monotronics board question
July 21, 2011 10:07AM
Do you have - or can you borrow - a multimeter ?

If so, what is the current reported for that motor ?

I have myself adjusted the pot to get between 0.45 and 0.5 A on one phase, and get motor temp around 45 to 50 °C after half an hour of idleness - but maybe our motors are different, that's for a Huxley.

EDIT after reading the blog : ah c'est sympa un peu d'infos en français sur les reprap thumbs up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/21/2011 10:29AM by DeuxVis.
Re: Techzone monotronics board question
July 21, 2011 12:14PM
Merci DeuxVis, mon anglais est beaucoup mieux que mon français, mais j'essaie!

Thanks for your suggestion -I do indeed have a multimeter and will check out the current. I think the Mendel motors are slightly larger -"NEMA 14".

For anyone else encountering a similar problem: I emailed Techzone and received the following response: "If the other axes are adjusting fine, but the X isn't then it is possible there is a cold solder joint on the trim pot. if none of the axes adjust properly then there is probably something else happening and we need to figure it out." So I might have to send it back for a replacement...

BTW - I did manage to adjust the Y axis to 45 degrees C, so it very well might be the cold solder problem :angry smiley

Jacqueline

Our Mendel journey so far

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/21/2011 12:39PM by JLudlow.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login