Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Trouble with Extruder board

Posted by HereIgoAgain 
Trouble with Extruder board
September 03, 2011 11:22AM
I posted this in the general topics area but haven't heard anything. I'll try it here. Sorry for the duplicate post!!
Can anyone translate this ?? Things were working fine. Now no matter how many times I recompile...download I can't get the temperature to work. All I get is 0. Definitely seems to be an issue when I get the mother board to connect to the extruder board. The debug led near the reset button and led 08 both lite up. Anyone have any suggestions or should I try to procure another extruder board ??
thanks

Here's the code that runs...and after it does, a debug lite lights. Did I burn up the board ? It's odd because things seemed to be working fine.

Native lib Version = RXTX-2.1-7
Java lib Version = RXTX-2.1-7
comms: G-code: N0 T0 *26 dequeued and sent [0.000s/-1314546998203ms]
ERROR: GCodeWriter.waitForResponse() - request to resend from line 211. RepRap
said: rs 211 Serial Error: Linenumber (0) is not last + 1 (0), line received: [
0.047s/47ms]
comms: Response: rs 211 Serial Error: Linenumber (0) is not last + 1 (0), line r
eceived: [0.047s/0ms]
comms: G-code: N211 M113 *2 dequeued and sent [0.047s/0ms]
comms: Response: ok intercom::waitError() [0.078s/31ms]
Re: Trouble with Extruder board
September 03, 2011 11:29AM
Check for a short between the heater and the thermistor. That will take out the extruder board.

[www.hydraraptor.blogspot.com]
September 03, 2011 01:42PM
So, you have gen3 (old stuff), basically extruder controller 2.2 and motherboard 1.2, yes? And btw, what firmare are you trying to use? AFAIK the Gen3 wont work with the official firmware since quite some time now - because some dude made a mess of it all.

I think the linenumber error can happen because of communication issues between pc and motherboard, so might not be related to extruder board at all. About MB1.2 make sure you dont have any voltage from the atx on it, it only uses the usv +5V (that is with reprap modifications). Check the correct port and baud rate, then test with the extruder board (EC2.2) powered up and then with it powered down and see if there are any differences. Have a thermistor connected directly on the thermistor output so it will be able read room temp. Also try making a ground line between the ground of EC22 and the ground of MB12, see if it improves. Also the settings for rs485 communications have to be the same in each of the 2 firmwares.
September 03, 2011 02:08PM
Also reading what you posted, it looks like it requests a resend of line 211, while the last line is 0. This doesnt make much sense - maybe something is stuck in MB12 firmware and somehow it resets its buffer linenr. Also why do you use M113 - it should be commented out from skeinforge replace.csv?

Also to debug stuff, in case you have a printer, you can test "prints" with the atx powered off, no power to ec22 and stepper drivers. Just the MB12 would work, no stepper movement and no heater on, and from EC22 no temps (use a temp-less gcode file). Or print with atx psu on, but disconnect the extruder motor so no filament will get pushed through, so it wont be wasted in case you only want to debug a communication issue (heaters and motors will move in this case).
October 15, 2011 10:10AM
Hey again sages of reprap. I recently replaced my extruder board (gen 3 electronics), and while the new board works fine, the temperature range varies. When I first start the temp goes to 200-203 and then cools to ~160 and then oscillates in this range. I'm guessing this is a software switch somewhere. Could someone tell me where.

Thanks
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login