Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Subtractive machining

Posted by SebastienBailard 
Subtractive machining
January 10, 2010 11:36PM
I believe this is slightly finer detail than we can RepRap right now. I was just a little bit impressed.
[www.zbrushcentral.com]
VDX
Re: Subtractive machining
January 19, 2010 07:19AM
Hi Sebastien,

my old CNC-mill is stepping with 12.5 microns at halfstep and corresponding finer with microstepping.

But the mechanical setup is only stable down to an repeatable accuracy of 5 microns sad smiley

I'm busy collecting and building parts for a more precise mechanic - either cartesian style or parallel-scara ... maybe both ... or a delta ...

I have some microstepping drivers with 1/256 microstepping for generic steppers or 4 motors with drivers from BergerLahr with 1/50 microstepping and 5:1 gear-boxes and so 8.5Nm torque, what's more than enough.

Some high precison linear bearings with 300mm traveling range, encoders with 9000 lines per rev. and three inductive sensors with 1 micron measuring accuracy for the ref.-switches are ready too, so i hope to breake the 5-micron-limit in fabbing accuracy later this year spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

So with the cutting/sintering laser with 10-microns-spot and a finer paste-dispenser there could be a good basis for making some electronic components or interfaces to common chips or naked modules ...

Viktor
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login