Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Using Mendel Electronics to power a cnc milling machine.

Posted by Jeffrey Olijar 
I am debating on making one of these machines.
[www.instructables.com]

Would I be able to use the Mendle Electronics to control it? I ask because If I can I will probably make it so I can use one set of electronics with both my Mendel and the milling machine. If so what modificatons would have to be made (If any)?
VDX
Re: Using Mendel Electronics to power a cnc milling machine.
January 31, 2010 03:07PM
... the electronics and other specifications are the same when using similar motors.

The only difference is the software ...

Viktor
Hi Just browsing the forums.... I am buying a CNC machine... and I plan on starting a Mendel Reprap soon after my CNC arrives... I am wondering...if I replace the router on the CNC... with an Extruder set up from reprap... will this work for 3D printing? Would I use the same software...ir Rhino 3D / TurboCAm/ Sketch up?... or is diffrent software needed?.. ( i'm thinking diffrent software..when I imagine the process ).. Any helpor advice you can give is much appreciated. rockislandstudio@gmail.com

Thanks

Imac
Re: Using Mendel Electronics to power a cnc milling machine.
April 09, 2010 12:22PM
If I were you I'd edit my last post and delete or otherwise mess up my email address before I got a spam robot on me.

There's been several people doing cnc to repstrap projects. Here's one: [reprap.org]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login