Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Using Marlin and ramps for CNC

Posted by tacotrain42 
Using Marlin and ramps for CNC
January 09, 2016 11:30AM
Hello,
I am trying to use marlin to run ramps as a cnc. I uploaded my the sketch to my arduino and get the error
Error:MINTEMP triggered, system stopped! Heater_ID: 0
Do any of you know how to work around this?
Thank you
VDX
Re: Using Marlin and ramps for CNC
January 09, 2016 05:12PM
... either you bridge the thermistor pins with a resistor of some ten kOhms, or set the min-temp value for the extruder0 in firmware to '0'

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
January 10, 2016 04:52AM
hello,
i did just that 2 weeks ago
i don t remember exactly how but i uploaded marlin via Arduino on my sanguinololu
in the code somewhere you can set minTemp 0 or desactivate it.
the hard part was that to upload anything via arduino, i had to use a very old version of arduino ide ...
April 19, 2016 12:31PM
Hello,
I have a question (maybe stupid): the Marlin code it is different for CNC as the one for 3D printing?
April 19, 2016 01:43PM
Yes, it was stupid... it IS different but until now it seem that all the sites I've searched are keeping this info secret...
Can someone point me to a place where I can eventualy download the modifyed Marlin?
Thanks in advance!
April 19, 2016 11:02PM
Make it easy on yourself and grab an Uno and CNC shield and just run grbl.
April 20, 2016 05:42AM
Thanks for your answer and you are correct but considering that I already have a 3D printer I thought it would be easier to try a modified Marlin for CNC (I would like to try out some PCB milling) ...
December 09, 2016 03:37PM
eugen360
Yes, it was stupid... it IS different but until now it seem that all the sites I've searched are keeping this info secret...
Can someone point me to a place where I can eventualy download the modifyed Marlin?
Thanks in advance!

why is it different?

i have a delta and using it as laser. i even tried to use it as cnc milling, but system wasnt stong enough even tho i tried to engreave .5 mm each time. you only need to right gcodes for it.

so i am saying u can use marlin+ramps for cnc. my plan is to do so.

but i have a question also, before starting milling i want to set 0,0,0 point on cnc, so it can start milling from that point, like the corner of material i put on cnc. almost every program for cnc are able to do it via pc, i tried few but i couldnt connect them to ardunio+ramps+marlin. anyone know a way to make it via pc or even better with some kind of lcd control panel?

thanks in advance

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/09/2016 03:38PM by okuzster.
December 27, 2016 05:02PM
Not sure how far you are with your projects, I have been using my DIY machine conversion for about a year swapping the boards back and forth has been a real pain. I have my normal RAMPS 1.4 with external drivers for printing. I have been swapping it over to a TinyG to run CNC Jobs. Over Christmas I was thinking about it and seems like the only reason I was swapping it back and forth was to get ability to zero out the Z axis and go negative. Did a little tinkering in my post processing CAM software and use G92 to zero out Z so I just set it at my zero point and run the gcode from my normal 3d printer software. Only other trick was in Marlin I had to allow negative movements for Z axis and bingo now I can print and CNC without switching out the boards. I have mine setup with the spindle and extruder mounted up together I just remove the ER-16 collet to use the printer.

Any converter plugins for Mach3 out there for an interface? I have used Chilipepper with my TinyG but pretty buggy and think that someone may have solved this problem already and have a USB mapping tool that would work to fake out Mach3 to think the its a Parallel port.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login