Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

What is your pipeline to produce your Gcode?

Posted by glub0x 
What is your pipeline to produce your Gcode?
January 10, 2016 05:05AM
Hello, it s all in the title.
What is your pipeline to produce your Gcode? ( for 3d object not pcb milling )

i used to play with my 3d printer but never manage to really produce anything because of extrusion problem.
So i went to the CNC world by just updating a marlin (removing the mintemp problem) and adding a dremel.
things work very smoothly on soft wood even unatended ( never the case with my 3d printer)
I still have to try some hard wood but i guess it'll have to go veryyy slowly smiling smiley

but i got a software problem:
to produce my gcode i actually write a javascript program that produce the gcode for simple geometric paths square/polygon/stars... it's limited and boring
then i send the gcode via printrun

i can t figure a simple pipeline to go from drawing to cutting.
I tried Fusion360 which is nearly what i want but the program itself is still pretty complicaed...

With the 3d printer i used Sketchup/slicer/printrun, desining was very simple and pleasent

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 01/10/2016 05:08AM by glub0x.
Re: What is your pipeline to produce your Gcode?
July 29, 2016 01:33PM
All the free / opensource stuff I've been able to find is here:

[www.shapeoko.com]

When I first tried to do 3D routing I used pyCAM which more-or-less worked, but eventually I resorted to manually flattening and generating files. Some people who don't object to closed source have had good luck w/ FreeMill or the old trial of CamBam.
VDX
July 29, 2016 05:35PM
... it's no problem to convert common G-code into proper format for Printrun - I've done this first with text editors (best was notepad++) -- now together with my wife we're writing all sorts of "importers" to convert other vector formats into G-code for paste-dispensing or laserengraving (actually we have importers for "plain G-code", HPGL, Gerber, basic SVG and some custom XY(Z)-coordinate-files ... preparing for DXF and Isel NCP format winking smiley )

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
August 22, 2016 11:41PM
I get an STL, put it into Kiri Moto (grid.space), then to Universal Gcode Sender
September 19, 2016 11:32AM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/19/2016 12:08PM by corcovado.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login