Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

G-code for ramps 1.4

Posted by Fireblood54 
G-code for ramps 1.4
June 01, 2017 06:38AM
Hi all.
Been looking at other post but not getting the correct info, yet.
I build a CNC router with Ramp 1.4 driving it. Using marlin firmware and repitier host for communication ATM.
It works fairly good if I use it with the manual controls.

My problem is when using cam software only half (not even correctly) of the lines show on repitier host, and that's what the machine tries to do. Tried a few different cam programs aswell
Is there a specific type of gcode I have to post process to, tried a few different ways but still getting the same problems.
Any advise would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance
VDX
Re: G-code for ramps 1.4
June 01, 2017 09:20AM
... check your steps_per_mm settings - if a line is shorter than the step-distance, it won't be drawn.

You can attach a specific G-code, so we can try to get the accurate cause ...

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
June 02, 2017 02:47AM
What CAM software did you try so far? I'm still looking for a starting point for my cnc-adventure...
June 02, 2017 10:13AM
tried quite a few

Autodesk Fusion 360 is fairly decedent and you can use it for design and cam, and best is you can use it for free.
you get a 30 day free trail and then you can register as a hobbyist for a free licence

Also used Inventor HSM (at a friend) which is like a huge upgrade to Fusion 360 but you have to buy it.

They where pretty easy for me to use as i am used to working with their software.
June 02, 2017 10:25AM
Here is one of the cam files.
Attachments:
open | download - speed test 50m-mm.gcode (208.1 KB)
VDX
June 02, 2017 06:18PM
... the G-code don't have the "E-values" to calculate the extrudate, so you will see only the "free moving" G0-paths, not the "printed lines" -- you have to convert it into a "printing format" to get something usefull.

Here two representations of your file in my Pronterface-variant:

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/02/2017 06:24PM by VDX.

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

June 03, 2017 03:00AM
That's how it looks in a basic_cnc_viewer.

June 03, 2017 05:44AM
Any advise on how to post process it from cam software to work in repitier host as shown it the basic_cnc_viewer maybe specific setting i need too look at or is there perhaps software that can convert the cnc to work in Repitier
VDX
June 03, 2017 04:35PM
... I've written different "converters", which reads specific vector-formats (HPGL, Isel-NCP, Gerber, (limited) SVG and some special customer formats) and writes a slightly modified "RepRap-G-Code", optimized for my Pronterface-variant. -- It's meant for paste-dispensing, laser-engraving and camera-controls, so no thermal handling.

To convert "common" G-code into "RepRap-G-code" you have to calculate the vector length of the actual G1 line and add it as "E xxx" after the XYZ-coordinates.

Attached a sample code ...

Viktor
--------

Attachments:
open | download - Liberty2-Kontur.gcode (36.9 KB)
June 04, 2017 02:17AM
I'm sure you can load the original file in repetier and although the toolpath won't be shown correctly, the data will be sent correct.
You can also use one of the many grbl-GUI's instead of repetier, they will work perfect.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login