Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

CNC-mill Isel-EP1090 for milling, laser-engraving and 3D-printing ...

Posted by VDX 
VDX
CNC-mill Isel-EP1090 for milling, laser-engraving and 3D-printing ...
August 09, 2017 03:57AM
... got an old, but working, Isel CNC-mill EP1090:

The specs are good enough: -- 0.01mm step resolution, 60mm max speed linear, 40mm/s with 3-axes-interpolation, 200x200x125mm working range.

I have another servo-driven machine with up to 150mm/s and "step"-resolution of 0.0025mm (encoder resolution for the servos), which I'm actually using for laser-engraving+cutting, that I'm not willing to use for milling and testing -- so this smaller CNC-mill will be better suited for experimenting and "dusting".

This conversion/testing wouldn't be a really fast process (have some other, more urgent projects running), but will post interesting bits'n'bytes here too cool smiley

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
VDX
Re: CNC-mill Isel-EP1090 for milling, laser-engraving and 3D-printing ...
August 09, 2017 05:14AM
... here a comparison with one of the newer types (an Isel prototype for the MiniFlat - but with servos, instead of the steppers, later used with the sold machines):

The biggest differences are in the drives and controlling - the left machine has servos with 0.0025mm encoder-resolution, speeds up to 150mm/s, 275x210x210mm working range and is controlled wit Editask10 per USB ...

... the smaller EP1090 on the right has steppers, 0.01mm step resolution, max. 60mm/s speed, 200x200x125mm working range and is controller with the "stone-old" RemoteWin per RS232 ...

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

August 11, 2017 10:29PM
What are you actually converting on the machine?
VDX
August 12, 2017 05:35PM
... mostly the driver electronics - have three different types based on common RepRap (Marlin4Due) for 3D-printing and laser-engraving, STM32F4Discovery (Editask10) for CNC-milling and laser-engraving, or a BeagleBoneBlack-basis for laser only.

But could be, I'll let it as is, for milling only -- have some jobs for milling and enough other machines for 3D-printing and laser ...

Viktor
--------

VDX
August 19, 2019 03:17AM
... as I was posting some images for another forum - here too an update for the EP1090:

I've "let it as is" and only fixed a "car-PC" with Win7 on the side -- it's capable for the CAD/CAM too, but until now only used as CNC-controller with the program RemoteWin ...

Viktor
--------

VDX
September 26, 2019 09:57AM
... got a "manual" turning axis for 2-/4-sided milling with 6-deg division, what fits perfectly into the EP1090:

Viktor
--------

VDX
September 29, 2019 11:52AM
... and this is the "manual 6deg division" (15x6=90deg winking smiley ):

Viktor
--------

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login