Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

V1 Engineering's Piper

Posted by Roberts_Clif 
Re: V1 Engineering's Piper
July 08, 2019 06:00PM
dlc60

I have been hanging out on the Octoprint lists for a while after I ran into some problems and it has been discovered that for a while Octoprint serial port I/O to printer controllers has been causing print quality issues. Many experiments have been run that show SD card prints to be of higher quality than serial port Octoprints. Some kind of serial port latency and/or throughput bottlenecks are causing print stalling and jerkiness that result in in less-than-perfect surface quality on print jobs.
So, it may be that the time-lapse is contributing to the surface quality degradation, but it probably isn't all of it...

Pity, I really like Octoprint. I will be trying a Duet Maestro on my main printer next (someone had a sale smiling smiley. I am hoping to be able to print directly to a Duet from Simplify3D and CURA.

DLC

I have noted that Raspberry Pi 4 has been released, though they only will sell you one and they sell out in minutes. would one of these make a difference with Gigabit Ethernet and USB3.
I have been trying to find a way to Print From SD card While Still Using Octolapse to record, If any one knows how please lit me know how.

[www.adafruit.com]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 07/08/2019 06:44PM by Roberts_Clif.

Computer Programmer / Electronics Technician
July 09, 2019 01:22AM
I doubt that will solve the problem really. The RPi 3B is plenty fast enough, and I run Class 10 micro-SD cards in mine,so that is as good as it can get. I think it is some kind of threading issue myself. Anyone that has done VCOM serial port work on a PC knows that the OS can mess you over with a context switch at just the wrong time... It might be interesting to find out though!

DLC

Kits: Folgertech Kossel 2020 upgraded E3Dv6, Anet A8 upgraded E3Dv6, Tevo Tarantula enhanced parts and dual-head, TronXY X5SA Pro(E3DHemera).
Scratch: Large bed Cartesian, exchangeable heads, Linear slide Delta, Maker-Beam XL Micro Delta, 220x220CoreXY.
July 09, 2019 07:37AM
I just ordered the Dewalt DW660 so I have a few more parts to be 3D Printed.

Vacuum Duct
Frame Supports // Frame is not as sturdy as I would like it.
Cable chains
Power Supply case
Arduino, Ramps Case
ect, ect ect.

Some of the thinner printed ABS models are quite fragile, they resemble older plastic degraded by weather.
Will need to reprint them, maybe this time in PLA.

Good thing is that the Dewalt will be showing up today an will be able to actually cut something.
Will start out with something weak like a piece of pink insulation.
Then work up to some softwoods that I have laying around
Then ending with hardwoods to get an ideal how fast the cuter will work, an some basic settings for EstlCam tool setups.
And speaking of tools I will be needing a source of good cutting tools, you know something that will not have to be replaced often.

At this time I have given some thought as to the size of the hot bed 400mm X 600mm. Will now need to see if this can become a reality Now.

I can start with two silicone heaters 300mm X 400mm on fairly sturdy piece of aluminum plate, though how thick should it be, do not want to go crazy an go unreasonably thick.
I want it thicker than my Hictop beds that has warped, Any help here would be appreciated.

I may even forgo the Heaters and use a non-heated bed for a while, still do not want to under size the bed plate for when I do upgrade to a heated bed.

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 07/09/2019 07:49AM by Roberts_Clif.

July 13, 2019 10:13PM
@Roberts_Clif you are posting in the wrong forum. MPCNC is not coreXY and you are not using coreXY machines to print MPCNC. It is great design anyway by Ryan Zellars.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/13/2019 10:20PM by piper3d.
July 14, 2019 09:24AM
What style is MPCNC then and where should I be posting and can this thread be moved to that location.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/14/2019 09:30AM by Roberts_Clif.

July 14, 2019 12:51PM
MPCNC is a Cartesian which sometimes called "Ultimaker" style machine. Not sure how to move thread sad smiley.
July 15, 2019 03:44AM
MPCNC just happened to be featured on the Teaching Tech youtube channel today:
[www.youtube.com]

http://www.marinusdebeer.nl/
July 15, 2019 08:45AM
Ohmarinus
MPCNC just happened to be featured on the Teaching Tech youtube channel today:
[www.youtube.com]

Thank you for this video.

I have been looking into the Lowrider2 as my next project.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 07/15/2019 09:26AM by Roberts_Clif.

November 11, 2019 08:07AM
I want 6 stepper motor Drivers and currently only have 5 need to add an additional stepper motor driver.
To do this I will need more Time and money to add an additional stepper motor. Then configure the firmware as needed.

The reason is simple, want an extruder to possibly 3D Print a few larger models when needed.
I know that the XY steppers can run in series and may eventually end up doing it this way. Though would prefer to use 6 steppers drivers.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login