Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

VisionBot Pick and Place Machine for SMT

Posted by visionbot 
VisionBot Pick and Place Machine for SMT
April 21, 2015 09:09AM
Hi! I am Alexandru and I am a maker. Right now I am trying to build VisionBot which is a Surface Mount Technology assembly shooter that can be used to place SMD chips onto Printed Circuit Boards. Practically the VisionBot machine will enable electrical engineers, hackers and makers just like me and you to manufacture electronic devices in their garage. VisionBot is still in the beta testing and in a few months it will be available to the makers through a crowd-funding platform. Using advanced Computer Vision VisionBot is avoiding electronical waste and is professionally assembling Printed Circuit Boards.

VisionBot will enable the dream of many makers who want to turn their homemade prototypes into industrial products. For more details access www.visionbot.net

Initially, we were interested in releasing the software open-source for everybody.

Do you have any questions about my project? I hope you won't consider my post a spam!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/21/2015 09:51AM by visionbot.
Re: VisionBot Pick and Place Machine for SMT
May 13, 2015 07:19PM
I am interested in this! I often do small production runs of 10 or 20 units for which outsourcing the assembly is too expensive.

I have a delta printer working well and I am sure it could be adapted to do the pick and place. But I've no idea how to extract the components from the reels or tubes - and a lot of software would obviously be needed.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
May 15, 2015 02:30PM
how freely open is this ie i have a shapeoko2 and may convert it too a pnp would the software be compatible of a diy machine apart from solely use with the vision ot and opensource

Check my rubbish blog for my prusa i3

up and running
[3dimetech.blogspot.co.uk]
May 21, 2015 03:23PM
Really sorry guys for the delay. I had been away from the country and I didn't check the forum.

@dc42 VisionBot is just a SMT Placement Equipment for PCBA. Using fiducials you can use your own unmounted PCBs that were printed/made by a 3D Printer/CNC/facory and use VisionBot to assembly the PCB. No other need.

@chris33 the software was designed especially for VisionBot machines. There will be a plugin container where you can write your own plugins for other machines/components, but I am not very sure about the validity of the idea. In 2-3 weeks we will launch our own forum to allow people to discuss about VisionBot machines and VisionBot software.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/21/2015 03:23PM by visionbot.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login