Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

About Two Trees DB5500s Laser Module

Posted by mrtcnblgc 
About Two Trees DB5500s Laser Module
July 20, 2023 04:08PM
Hi guys,

I have build my DIY Laser Engraver with Ramps 1.4, and I bought a 40W Laser Module link

I use marlin firmware. I open LASER_SYNCHRONOUS_M106_M107 and SPINDLE_LASER_FREQUENCY 1000. I use D9 pin for laser output on ramps card. PWM, +12V and Fan+ pins are connect the D9+ , -12 and FAN- pins are connect the D9- And in Lightburn software ı use M106/107 and M03/M05 commands both

But I can't cut 3mm MDF. I watched a lot of videos and they are cutting 3mm mdf. I use 1 mm/s, 10 pass and %100 power, but it can't cut. If the laser module is stand still it can be cut about 5-6 seconds. But if it is move, it can't cut.

So I wonder what I did wrong. Can anyone help me?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/20/2023 04:17PM by mrtcnblgc.
VDX
Re: About Two Trees DB5500s Laser Module
July 20, 2023 05:20PM
... MDF is a pretty dense material, so its much harder to cut than wood.

You can optimize the cutting speed/efficiency with blowing compressed air into the laser spot to remove the fumes and ash faster and too with some "tweaking", as two parallel cuts with around 0,1mm separated.

By the way -- the "40Watts" is not the optical power, but something like the more than maximal allowed drawn electrical energy (Voltage x Current = Energy in Watts) ... optical power is something like 5W to 7W (when totally overpowered by cost of life-time eye rolling smiley )

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
July 21, 2023 09:34AM
Thanks for advices. I try a fan like air assists. But nothing change. I think my MDF is very strong. I try 3mm black acyrilic and results is good.

Yes 40W is electrical power but ı measure the amper of laser diode and 1.67A in %100 power. So its power 12V*1,67A = 20 W. I wonder if this is 24V? Because its driver boards pins are -12V and +12V. Not GND, +12V.

VDX
July 21, 2023 07:49PM
... no, most likely 12V only - it's typical "chinese style" to give nonsensical infos ... the driver is a constant current type, regulated on the secondary side - if you rise the input voltage, it gets hotter, but shouldn't give more output ... and above a specific threshold it simply wrecks the laser diode and/or explodes eye rolling smiley

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login