Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Refurbishing old NdYAG marking lasers

Posted by VDX 
VDX
Refurbishing old NdYAG marking lasers
April 16, 2013 07:54AM
Hi all,

... recently I've got two old NdYAG marking lasers as 'scrap' (see images) ... and have all the electronics+mechanics+optics from an even older 3DSystems SLA-printer.

So a good basis to start with a XY-scanning system for UV-printing (with the SLA-optics), laser-marking/engraving or SLS (Selective-Laser-Sintering) with teh NdYAG-optics and either one of the NdYAG-lasers (if it will run again) or a 50Watts-IR-fiberlaser I'm using actually.

I'll try to reactivate/use the original electronics and maybe the software too -- but if this won't work, then two OS projects could help with developing own electronics and software:

- ELM - [elm-chan.org]

- BeamConstruct - [www.beamconstruct.com]

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
Attachments:
open | download - NdYAG-Laser2 120Watt Komplett.jpg (47.7 KB)
open | download - Galvo-Scannerkopf.jpg (50.1 KB)
open | download - SLA-Optik.jpg (55 KB)
VDX
Re: Refurbishing old NdYAG marking lasers
May 06, 2013 04:44AM
# update #

... I've disassembled the pumping chamber (see attached images) and will try to 'pump' the NdYAG-rod with a laserdiode with 25Watts@808nm instead of the lamp ... should be much simpler with drivers and cooling ...

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
Attachments:
open | download - NdYAG-Laser1 150Watt.jpg (29.6 KB)
open | download - Pumpkammer-Unten.jpg (229.7 KB)
open | download - Blitzlampe.jpg (61.7 KB)
open | download - Pumpkammer-Offen.jpg (226.2 KB)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login