Acrylic Laser Cutting Kit
November 28, 2014 01:30AM
What do you guys think of this kit? I'm thinking about buying it if everything they say is true. I'm not sure if it can cut acrylic like that.
[jtechphotonics.com]
VDX
Re: Acrylic Laser Cutting Kit
November 28, 2014 02:38PM
... I won't drive this diodes with >1.7Amps (around 2Watts) for longer time, as they will heat up and degrade with time -- they are designed for 2Watts max.

Cutting clear acrylic isn't possible with 445 nm! - either you'll need dark coloured material (then the 'cutting depth' could be some Millimeters with several passes) -- or better search for a cheap CO2-laser ... somtehing like 40Watts tube with PS for the same price as this module ...

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
November 28, 2014 02:49PM
Could you help me out with finding a parts list for a cheap co2 add on?
VDX
November 28, 2014 05:14PM
... search at ebay with "CO2 laser" ...

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
November 28, 2014 05:23PM
Just look on fleBay -

40w CO2 laser tube - [www.ebay.com]

Power supply - [www.ebay.com]

Water pump - [www.ebay.com]

Head and mirrors - [www.ebay.com]

And from there all you'll need is an XY CNC axis with provisions to mount the laser, head, and mirrors, reservoir and / or radiator for cooling the water, and a table in a vented enclosure, and your set to go. (well, there's a few more odds and ends in there winking smiley)

Here is a video of a nice little DIY setup - [youtu.be]

From FreeCAD To The Real World- Demo video using FreeCAD and featuring the Smartrap 3D Printer
November 28, 2014 05:43PM
Hm alright thank you guys. I'm still not sure how everything goes together.
November 28, 2014 06:03PM
I planed on attaching the laser to the front of my extruder on my Prusa Mendel.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login