Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

HOW TO USE $65 TO MAKE A LASER CUTTER

Posted by ownroom000 
HOW TO USE $65 TO MAKE A LASER CUTTER
December 08, 2014 01:37PM
Hello, I am Antonio, a college student from China. A long time ago, I saw a mini laser cutter project on kickstarter, I want it very much. But it was too expensive, it needs to $199. That was $199! Although I very want one, but I still give up. Then I thought, it’s really cost $199? How about i made it by myself ,how much money i will cost? So I began to try to make my own mini laser cutter.
]I believe everyone is knew the software part, what’s better than the arduino + GRBL + GRBL controller? So I focused on the hardware part. First is step motor, and I chose the printer stepper motor. Its interval Angle is 7.5 degrees, use with easydriver can obtain higher precision. The important thing is that it only need $1 and u can get it.

I see most of the diy laser cutter using cd-rom screw. It’s too short, generally not more than 100 mm, so I gave up using the cd-rom screw. I found some screw in china shopping website,it’s a 120 mm screw, the price is $2 each, using the plastic slide block.

I use a 2 mm 3 mm coupling cost $1 each.

Transmission part I considered to use the most simple axle sleeve and the plain shaft, but it certainly is not the most perfect choice. Although it is very cheap but I was not able to make the machine stable, so I give up this choice. In the end I chose the plain shaft and linear bearings, although it is very expensive, but can make the machine running stable, why don’t I use these?

My machine use a total of two 6 mm plain shaft, two 4 mm plain shaft, four lm6uu linear bearings, four lm4uu linear bearings, I bought it cost about $12. Then there is circuit part, I use the arduino micro + easydriver + a relay to build the control circuit. Customize the circuit, it cost $15. The last is the laser pointer, I have already bought 250 mw and 100 mw 650 nm red module 405 nm purple module, which is more useful.

I’m curious which is useful more. Two laser total cost my $15. By the way 405 nm laser can be used to make circuit boards, etched circuit. So this machine is not just a toy, it can help you to make circuit, this feature is still in the experimental.Now the most important question is coming, my shell. The material of shell is 6 mm wood, I use the rhino to designed it and it had been send to manufacturers to make it.Here are some picture.

Re: HOW TO USE $65 TO MAKE A LASER CUTTER
December 08, 2014 01:38PM
Here is my site.>>>>>CLICK<<<<<
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login