Re: Information needed before buying what I need
January 21, 2015 08:44AM
Hi
I want to make a laser marker for marking on plastic matereial or pet, therefor I need to Appropriate laser diode or fiber lazer with good power of wave for mark and 0.4-0.5 Beam diameter(laser spot),As well I put together 7 pices of it to obtain font width desired,if be laser arrey Seven bits together with Minimum distance is better.
It should be marked within 1-2 mili seconds(ms)
please tel me wath kind of laser diode is appropriate

thanks
January 21, 2015 10:02AM
Hi, first of all welcome smiling smiley

Is the material you want to engrave see-through or transparent? Because I know that is very hard to laser cut with diodes. Maybe a CO2 laser will do better?

http://www.marinusdebeer.nl/
January 21, 2015 02:07PM
I hope your budget is $10,000 to $100,000
May be easier / cheaper to print the labels

PET very high temp and it melts with nasty smell
Plastic --- type of plastic very important --- can't help if you just say "plastic"

Check out:

DIY Mini laser engraving machine, mini laser label engraving machine, laser label making machine
[www.alibaba.com]

Mr Beam
[www.kickstarter.com]

confused smiley

davod afshar
Hi
I want to make a laser marker
VDX
January 21, 2015 03:19PM
... marking of transparent PET is only possible with CO2-lasers or pulsing high power lasers.

For marking it with diodes you can try with coating the surface with black paint - then engrave the paint -- then remove the paint ... and the melted marks will be visible as opaque lines and dots ...

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
January 22, 2015 04:00AM
HI

type of plastic is polyethylene &polypropylene
if with diode laser just I can mark on inked paper please tel me I should use what type of laser diode?
thanks
VDX
January 22, 2015 06:02AM
... not inked paper - paint the plastic surface with black paint, then you can use any laserdiode with powers >300mW -- best would be a 445nm-diodes with 2Watts of power.

The diode melts+evaporates the black coating and the resulting heat melts the underlying surface of the plastic.

Without paint the diode will simply shine through the transparent material without harming it ...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/22/2015 06:03AM by VDX.

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

January 24, 2015 05:12AM
Hello.

thank you very much
January 24, 2015 06:08AM
I just marking A point in 2ms , on pet,inked paper,pe,pp material
is not any laser diode appropriate for this ?
January 24, 2015 06:19AM
You can ask the same question over and over, but it doesn't change the answer.

The difference we should point out here is:
Transparent/Translucent versus Solid/Opaque materials.

Diodes are not good at translucent materials. But ordinary pet, inked paper, pe and pp should all be cuttable with a diode of course, as long as they are not transparent/translucent.

January 25, 2015 02:11AM
Hello
thank you my friends

ok.please tel me can I use fiber laser for my designe,If yes what type of it and What Strength.
VDX
January 25, 2015 08:06AM
... can you source a fiber laser?

I have CW-types with 50 and 120 Watts and two pulsing types with 16 Watts averaged - the list prices for them are between 20k€ and 40k€!

Don't mess it with 'fibercoupled diodes' - this are relative simple IR-diodes with an attached glass fiber -- have some different types too: 2W@808nm with a 0.05mm fiber, 9W and 25W@975nm with 0.1mm fibers and 25W@808nm with a 0.7mm fiberbundle-output ... here the prices starts at 300€ and up ...

Viktor
--------

January 28, 2015 07:24AM
Hey guys, just a short update on the lasercutter:
[youtu.be]

I have created a working air filter now, when I cut paper all the smoke and smell gets absorbed! When I breathe the air coming directly from the filterbox, there is no smell, no smoke, no irritation of airways. Of course, I am not going to just huff up on the exhaust haha, I just wanted to know if it really absorbed anything and apparently it does very well.

The box that is below the laser sucks away the smoke directly where it's coming from; the area that is being cut with the laser. This has two advantages:
First is that the smoke obviously doesn't travel from the machine, it is immediately absorbed into the filter system. The openings that suck away the smoke are very close to the cutting surface to make sure all the air travels into the intake.

Second is that the smoke doesn't get in the way of the laser's beam, so the beam hits the surface without being obscured by smoke. Still of course there will be a little bit of smoke in the way since the air intake creates a little 'whirl' where the smoke swirls around in the air directly in the path of the laser beam. I could change the shape of the intake to minimize this effect, but it already removed around 90% of the smoke that was in between the laser diode and the cutting surface.

When cutting paper, there is no smell at all to be detected in my living room, I have used high quality superactivated carbon preparation, they are manufactured bits with high porous surfaces and absorb everything you can imagine. Underneath the filterbox is the suction device, it is an axial fan that sucks the air through, and directly against the axial fan I have placed a radial fan. So the axial fan blows into the hole of the radial fan. These two fan types together create a massive suction power, way more suction when compared to just two axial fans on top of each other.

The intake is a clickable system that I can slide onto the bottom of the X-carriage, there is very little distance between the cutting surface, if I want to cut materials that are thicker I have a second intake that has less height. It will suck less air out, but allows for higher objects to be cut, honestly I don't see myself cutting thick materials, I will just send those to a professional cutting company anyway.

Will keep on playing! winking smiley

Oh and the reason why I use multiple silicone tubes is because the larger diameter silicon tubing gets too stiff, so instead of increasing diameter, I figured it would be best to just use multiple tubes of silicone. The silicone flexes enough as not to obstruct any movement of the X-carriage.

Meanwhile I've been cutting stencils for my parents (who are artists) and I've been making miniature furniture in wood veneer for my academic research (oak, birch and mahogany).

One small piece of news: I just read now (article published 20 minutes ago) that one of the inventors of the laser Charles Hard Townes, has died today.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login