Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Newbie for leather engraving over iPhone cases

Posted by martin27 
Newbie for leather engraving over iPhone cases
August 16, 2016 06:07PM
Hello to all lads. I am starting to make some leather cases for iPhone and wish to engrave (personalise) each item. However I have search laser engraving method over leather and may not decide whether is best method for engraving
I would like if someone familiar to advice how the engraving method is made by those lads- [www.brussardo.com]. I wish in no way to copy their work but only to understand the method of engraving. I wish engraving - personalization to achieve same look. I was already told they they use letterpress types instead of a laser. Can someone familiar with process confirm. I should be very glad on respond.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/16/2016 06:16PM by martin27.
VDX
Re: Newbie for leather engraving over iPhone cases
August 16, 2016 06:47PM
... this looks indeed like "hot-stamped" with heated metal letters.

When laser-engraving, the leather will burn and darken, but didn't get this shiny finish.

You can try at your local laser-engraver with a CO2-lasercutter or search someone with a DIY 445nm-laserdiode-engraver to get the best lasertype for your materials ...

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
August 16, 2016 10:49PM
See
[www.shapeoko.com]

[jtechphotonics.com]

A 3W diode laser on a CNC router will do a nice job.

confused smiley
August 17, 2016 09:15AM
VDX
... this looks indeed like "hot-stamped" with heated metal letters.

When laser-engraving, the leather will burn and darken, but didn't get this shiny finish.

You can try at your local laser-engraver with a CO2-lasercutter or search someone with a DIY 445nm-laserdiode-engraver to get the best lasertype for your materials ...

Thank you for advice. I have found 40W CO2 laser cutter nearby. I just spoke with the lad and he ensured me it would be piece of a cake to achieve this typing. Only his concern was that the 3D would not be same as on hot stamped. I will test on his laser on Friday and just hope will do my job smileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/17/2016 09:19AM by martin27.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login