Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Ramps 1.4 instead of arduino cnc shield.

Posted by GRAYWOLF 
Ramps 1.4 instead of arduino cnc shield.
January 22, 2017 05:26AM
I am building one of these DVD drive based laser engravers but want to use ramps +lcd instead of the Arduino CNC shield+grbl firmware.

Can anyone point me to the settings needed to be adjusted in ramps, please?

I already have the LCD+sdcard enabled just need the other settings, please?
VDX
Re: Ramps 1.4 instead of arduino cnc shield.
January 22, 2017 05:55AM
... I'm adapting my lasers to any sort of CNC-controller (industrial/comercial types too) not by changing the driver software, but by hooking the driver to the X/Y-clock-pins to generate "speed-independant" pulses.

Then only a single pin for "LASER ON" and "-OFF" hast to be set from the software, what's mostly given.

With the RepRap-drivers it's even simpler, as you already have the clock-pulses of the extruder, which are calculated "speed-invariant" by the software ...

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
January 22, 2017 01:36PM
VDX
... I'm adapting my lasers to any sort of CNC-controller (industrial/comercial types too) not by changing the driver software, but by hooking the driver to the X/Y-clock-pins to generate "speed-independant" pulses.

Then only a single pin for "LASER ON" and "-OFF" hast to be set from the software, what's mostly given.

With the RepRap-drivers it's even simpler, as you already have the clock-pulses of the extruder, which are calculated "speed-invariant" by the software ...

Yeh, the hotend / heatbed / fan control connections can be used for the laser, but it is the stepper motors settings im confused about.
January 22, 2017 01:47PM
I've set my dvd steppers to 106.67 steps/mm. The rest is in the config file attached.

I don't remember, which PWM pin I've chosen, but I rerouted the D9 fan output to one of the 5V servo pins.
Attachments:
open | download - dvd-laser.txt (35.8 KB)
January 22, 2017 03:40PM
o_lampe
I've set my dvd steppers to 106.67 steps/mm. The rest is in the config file attached.

I don't remember, which PWM pin I've chosen, but I rerouted the D9 fan output to one of the 5V servo pins.

Thanks
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login