Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Rotary laser

Posted by jonko 
Rotary laser
March 01, 2017 04:40AM
Hey guys,

I need your input. Want to build a CNC laser for ablating paint on metal pipes. It would be used only for that purpose.
The pipes are of diameters from 250mm to 600mm. Their length is from 100 to 350mm. And weight from 0.5kg to 5kg
Ablating paint like shown here.
Here's a basic drawing of the idea for the machine:

First of all, would this solution work?
Then, any advices or guides would be highly appreciated!
Re: Rotary laser
March 01, 2017 06:01AM
Actually, just saw the forum member VDX was using the same process for PCB. So that's doable.
I'm mostly interested in the construction of a machine doing that same, but for pipe objects.
Also, the laser part of the machine could be this one.
VDX
March 01, 2017 02:06PM
... which colours or coatings, which sizes/areas and what's the desired speed?

Comerial paint stripping works with pulsed NdYAG- or fiber-lasers and a fast scanning mirror to scan a wide line at once ...

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
March 01, 2017 02:19PM
Well, I was thinking of using that kind of black paint (or any other paint that can withstand etching or salt electro etching).
The size is along the circumference of the pipe, so say fi250 x 3.14 is length and width can be 100mm to 350mm
The speed is not important.
VDX
March 01, 2017 05:39PM
... then the blue diodelasers with powers of 2 or 3.5 Watts will work (the focus of the 6W-diodes is not so good) - comercial "drum-engravers" use CO2- or fiber-lasers ...

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

March 02, 2017 03:16AM
Could you recommend a laser and electronics?
Do you think this construction solution would be better or maybe one with a rotary table instead?
VDX
March 02, 2017 05:37AM
... the handling methode depends on diameter, length and weight of the pipe/tube - horizontal positioning on rotating resin-coated rolls is common.

Where are you located? - I'm using diodes from Lasertack - [www.lasertack.com]

He has drivers too, but I'm using my own types ...

Viktor
--------

June 20, 2017 08:35AM
there is more powerful appeared 8W (8000 mw).
special gift for anyone who would like to place an order (10% off, fre shipment and free pair of goggle), just use promo "Endurance reprap forum"

We change the world by bringing affordable and open - source technologies

Click here to login