Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I need help please

Posted by regpye 
I need help please
January 10, 2018 09:29PM
I have bought another CNC shield recently, goes by the CNC Shield ver 2.7 name.
The board has www.lubandiy.com printed on one corner.
There are 8 optical isolators on the board for the limit switches and a socket for a Nano.
Also there is a heavy duty hexfet near the laser connections.
I am not able to find out much about this board, even though I have asked the seller and even a few other sellers that are on ebay.
I went to the website as shown on the board, but it is all in Chinese and after trying to use Google translate was still not able to find out any further information.
The board looks well made and seems to have a lot of good features, but lacks the needed info to be able to put it to good use.
I am not sure if the board has a laser TTL built in or not, it is possible due to the hexfet being there, There are two heavy duty connections (two pin each marked + - ) and a small connection with a xh2 socket that could be for a laser or maybe a fan. Can't get any further info on it.

If anyone can help with info, please let me know so I can start to use the board with my machine build.
I have managed to program a Nano with GRBL 1.1f and it works OK when testing the board on a dry run, no motors connected or laser.

[regpye.com.au]
"Experience is the mother of all knowledge." --Leonardo da Vinci
Attachments:
open | download - 51391-1.jpg (132.5 KB)
VDX
Re: I need help please
January 11, 2018 02:41AM
... have you found this seller? - ask him:

[www.biqu.equipment]

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
January 11, 2018 03:13AM
Thanks Viktor,
I have sent a request for information to them.
A little worrying though, the photo of the board on their website shows the motor drivers inserted upside down.
Also the printed information is lacking as well.
See if I get a reply back from them.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/11/2018 03:41PM by regpye.

[regpye.com.au]
January 11, 2018 11:16PM
Some news Viktor,
Although not fully resolved I seem to be getting somewhere.
The attached file shows that the servo has PWM and I connected a multimeter between the signal line and ground and then ran a file (just using software, no hardware connected yet) and the reading was zero before the engraving started and went up to just under 5 volts during the engraving stage. I am running GRBL 1.1f and the servo PWM pin is working using M3 and M5. I used LaserGRBL to send the code out and could see the file being processed on the screen.
Do you think that I would be able to use this setup to run the laser module? and forget about the other laser connections that only have positive and negative.

Big Tree are fixing the file that I mentioned earlier that has the stepper drivers upside down.

[regpye.com.au]
Attachments:
open | download - connect+map+.jpg (126.7 KB)
VDX
January 12, 2018 02:41AM
... with constant PWM you have to move with constant speed, without acceleration, or you'll get burned edges - this would work for cutting, but deadly slow for engraving eye rolling smiley

I'm using RepRap-software and the output for the extruder stepper as pulsing source, what's speed-independent and can be set as "pulses per mm" instead of "pulses per second", as with PWM.

My older methode was using the pulses for the X/Y-axes, as described here, at "6. controlling the output-power": [reprap.org]

Now I've developed an interface, which can use different pulsin types/sources and/or an analogue voltage to generate pulses and set the pulse-ON duration related to wished engraving or cutting power - here's an image of the new interface, I've soldered yesterday and will program and test it at the weekend:

It's only meant for my laserdiode module development in a German "forums project", so not for general sale ... but this can change with time ...

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
January 20, 2018 11:09PM
Big Tree were of very little help and they still have not fixed the faulty photo that is on their website and is also used in many sales sites. The motor drivers are upside down and that will cause them to blow and also destroy the board.

I managed to find a few more photos showing the connections, but still not a three wire connection like the two TTL boards I have.

[cdn.instructables.com]

[cdn.instructables.com]

[cdn.instructables.com]

[regpye.com.au]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login