Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Some "serious" laser-marking with a fiber-laser ...

Posted by VDX 
VDX
Re: Some "serious" laser-marking with a fiber-laser ...
February 28, 2021 05:07AM
... for an (ex-) customer request for yesterday I was "forced" to extend my fiber laser by an additional "endless" X-axis for engraving punching strips (have lasered approx. 30m).

The stepper driver can be seen in the rear compartment at the bottom left - for the time being I fixed it "provisionally" to the aluminum plate with double-sided tape (will probably stay in forever smoking smiley ):

So far, with two manual stops, I've only been able to cut and engrave up to the size of the small 150mm hooked liner - but I would have liked to be able to cut-engrave the 300mm steel liner as well:

Then I searched my basement for free linear axes -- the one in the back has 300mm travel, the long spindle 500mm - I'll test it next time:

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
VDX
March 03, 2021 03:19AM
... I'm optimizing the setup for marking 150mm steel rulers (this is/was a forum action in "Peter's CNC-Ecke").

Here the video of the 2nd test -- [www.youtube.com]

And the results so far (the steel ruler is still from the last action):

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

VDX
March 18, 2021 04:08AM
... here a more actual video from laserengraving a hook-ruler -- [www.youtube.com]

It's maybe 10x faster with the 30Watt-fiberlaser than with the previous 20Watt.

And here the actual result too (in comparison to a common 300mm-steel ruler):

Viktor
--------

VDX
December 03, 2021 03:38AM
... marked some scales with a 30W-fiberlaser (request in/for the German forum "CNC-Ecke")

here the video with the 2m-scale - [www.youtube.com]

And with the 1m - [www.youtube.com]

The result (the 2m could be darker too):

Viktor
--------

VDX
April 19, 2023 02:26PM
... even better and more usable than a fiberlaser (bur more expensive too) is an UV-DPSS-Laser.

For a R&D-project I've ordered a 10Watt laser (had a 20W-type for a half a year for testing) and all the needed components - here an image of the temporary setup:

It's meant mainly for microfabrication with graphite and some other "R&D"-stuff ... but is pretty good with wood too smoking smiley

[www.youtube.com]

[www.youtube.com]

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/19/2023 02:27PM by VDX.

Viktor
--------

VDX
April 22, 2024 07:04AM
... assembling another high quality "variant" for engraving and cutting "organic" materials -- it's a 10Watt-RF-CO2-laser with a galvohead, 2.5x-beam-expander and 50x50mm scan area.

With the small scan area it's enough energy density to cut throug some mm acrylic ... for bigger working area the laser with galvohead will be set ontop of a 500x500mm XY-CNC -- the software is capable of splitting bigger geometries into a grid of smaller "tiles" (splits), which are engraved with the galvo, then the CNC moves to the next "tile" ... and so on ...

Here the images of the galvo-head and an image of the XY-setup with one of the 10Watt-RF-CO2 ontop:

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/22/2024 07:05AM by VDX.

Viktor
--------

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login