VDX
Re: Some "serious" laser-marking with a fiber-laser ...
February 28, 2021 05:07AM
... for an (ex-) customer request for yesterday I was "forced" to extend my fiber laser by an additional "endless" X-axis for engraving punching strips (have lasered approx. 30m).

The stepper driver can be seen in the rear compartment at the bottom left - for the time being I fixed it "provisionally" to the aluminum plate with double-sided tape (will probably stay in forever smoking smiley ):

So far, with two manual stops, I've only been able to cut and engrave up to the size of the small 150mm hooked liner - but I would have liked to be able to cut-engrave the 300mm steel liner as well:

Then I searched my basement for free linear axes -- the one in the back has 300mm travel, the long spindle 500mm - I'll test it next time:

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
VDX
March 03, 2021 03:19AM
... I'm optimizing the setup for marking 150mm steel rulers (this is/was a forum action in "Peter's CNC-Ecke").

Here the video of the 2nd test -- [www.youtube.com]

And the results so far (the steel ruler is still from the last action):

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

VDX
March 18, 2021 04:08AM
... here a more actual video from laserengraving a hook-ruler -- [www.youtube.com]

It's maybe 10x faster with the 30Watt-fiberlaser than with the previous 20Watt.

And here the actual result too (in comparison to a common 300mm-steel ruler):

Viktor
--------

VDX
December 03, 2021 03:38AM
... marked some scales with a 30W-fiberlaser (request in/for the German forum "CNC-Ecke")

here the video with the 2m-scale - [www.youtube.com]

And with the 1m - [www.youtube.com]

The result (the 2m could be darker too):

Viktor
--------

VDX
April 19, 2023 02:26PM
... even better and more usable than a fiberlaser (bur more expensive too) is an UV-DPSS-Laser.

For a R&D-project I've ordered a 10Watt laser (had a 20W-type for a half a year for testing) and all the needed components - here an image of the temporary setup:

It's meant mainly for microfabrication with graphite and some other "R&D"-stuff ... but is pretty good with wood too smoking smiley

[www.youtube.com]

[www.youtube.com]

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/19/2023 02:27PM by VDX.

Viktor
--------

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login