Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Epilog laser won’t go home, looking for miracle solution

Posted by libjbcim 
Epilog laser won’t go home, looking for miracle solution
June 23, 2019 01:12PM
Hiya laser community,

We have a 50W Epilog Zing CO2 laser. The Y-Axis keeps homing at about the 6.5" mark out on the ruler guide AS IF the rotary attachment were connected, even though its not.

When working properly, the Zing recognizes the rotary is attached and automatically adjusts the home position for it. And when the rotary is disconnected, it will revert to the correct, left, rear home position for the 12x24 bed (always connect/disconnect rotary controller cable with machine off)

Up until this homing problem began, it worked flawlessly.

Here is what I've tried so far ...

• I made sure the sensor is clean and belts are tight.
  • I tried turning off X/Y and moving the rail back to the normal home position
  • I manually set the home to factory default positions (X -152, Y +200) using the Config Menu in the machine's LCD display
    Note: There is no 'Restore to Factory Default' option in the LCD Config Menu on the machine or in the Epilog driver interface on a computer.
  • I tried reconnecting and disconnecting the rotary to see if that would reset it.
  • Epilog Support suggested the motor wasn't pulling properly. Even though the rail and carriage seem to have no issues moving, I replaced the motor anyway.

BUT as soon as I power off and on, or punch the Reset or Go button, the rail returns to the home position for the rotary attachment.

As far as I can tell, the machine is working properly in all regards to hardware, but is confused about where home is, which seems like a software glitch to me.

A new control board from Epilog cost over $1K+ so I just wanted to see if anyone knew of a fix, or trick even.

Any suggestions are welcome, thanks!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/23/2019 01:39PM by libjbcim.
VDX
Re: Epilog laser won’t go home, looking for miracle solution
June 23, 2019 02:10PM
... can you reinstall the software?

Save all settings, before doing so!

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
Re: Epilog laser won’t go home, looking for miracle solution
June 23, 2019 02:49PM
Definitely worth a try, thanks for the suggestion.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login