Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Need guidance

Posted by gregcunninghamokc 
Need guidance
September 20, 2019 10:43AM
I am relative new to CNC Laser Cutting Machines and I am having a problem that I have not been able to figure out. I am using a Mitsubishi ML4020-F60 Fiber Optic laser machine. I don't seem to have any issues until I start cutting .375" Mild Steel. According to the chart I should use a 1.2 tip which is the same for .50" steel. It will cut the .50" all day with no issues but if I switch to .375" all of the sudden I have dross issues. I have done and re-done centering until I am blue in the face but I still cannot get rid of the dross and bad edge. What am I doing/not doing wrong? I am attaching some pics of what a part ends up looking like after it has been cut. There is a pic for each side (as the dross issue seems to only happen on one side) so that you will have a reference for what I am talking about.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/20/2019 10:57AM by gregcunninghamokc.
Attachments:
open | download - pic 1.JPG (93.9 KB)
open | download - pic 2.JPG (92.6 KB)
open | download - pic 3.JPG (146.4 KB)
open | download - pic 4.JPG (148.8 KB)
open | download - pic 5.JPG (125.7 KB)
open | download - pic 6.JPG (113.2 KB)
VDX
Re: Need guidance
September 20, 2019 10:59AM
... could be, your beam is not symmetrically -- or your air-assist "deforms" the cut while melting the material?

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
Re: Need guidance
October 17, 2019 09:50AM
Any tips or tricks on how to figure out which it may be?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login