Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Info about complete laser module system

Posted by ciclonite 
Info about complete laser module system
April 25, 2023 12:10PM
Hello everyone, here I am again. I purchased a complete laser module with the intention of removing individual 300W Dilas modules. The seller told me that there were 20 modules inside, but in reality there are only 10. I saw that there is an FLM 2.0 KW module inside, can anyone tell me what it could be? I am considering just using the module as is without disassembling it. Is that possible? It seems to be in good condition and from 2018. If I share some photos, can you tell me what that FLM module is? Thank you.

[workdrive.zohopublic.eu]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/25/2023 12:36PM by ciclonite.
VDX
Re: Info about complete laser module system
April 25, 2023 01:08PM
... it looks, there are ten 270W-diodes with complete fibers, so pretty "good stuff" smoking smiley

If the electronic is working, then check, if the external fiber ist cut - it could be spliced again with a new fiber, but this isn't so easy.

If the external fiber is OK, but the electronics is broken, then you can remove the electronics and support the diodes with up t0 40Amps current (single or in series) - then they could be "passive" pumping the fiber core ... I have this with a 130W-CW-fiberlaser.

Last ressort is extracting the diodes and use them or sell (I'll be interested in one or more with complete attched fiber too cool smiley

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
April 25, 2023 03:11PM
Hello VDX and thank you for your response. Do not worry, if I remove the modules I will definitely let you know!
The external fiber is cut, but everything else seems to be in order. I will need to test the electronics, but without the technical specifications of the module, it will be difficult. The laser module is from 2018, and the modules are 300W, not 270W like the ones I already have. The external plate indicates a maximum of 10kW CW, but the total power of the modules is 3kW. Is it the pumping system that brings the total power to 10kW? In the last photo, could you tell me what the internal module rated 2kW is?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/25/2023 03:13PM by ciclonite.
VDX
April 25, 2023 03:54PM
... where are you located?

A friend (he and me are located in Germany, if shipping ist an option) managed to splice an external fiber to a cut one, but it's not so easy to recalibrate the new fiber, ift it's not a "plain CW" but a QCW (Quasi CW) or pulsed laser mode - and, could be, you can't run it with full power again.

The "10kW" could be a "worst case" scenario or it's a partially pulsed mode (QCW), where you can extract short pulses with up to 10kW, but then the laser will need some time to cool down again (and the life time will reduce drastically, if used regularly).

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

April 25, 2023 05:06PM
I'm from near Venice, Italy.
It's a good option if he can splice the fiber, and I can ship it when I'm able to test it if it's fully working.
I need to request the manual to coherent and hope they reply to me.
Thanks a lot!
VDX
April 25, 2023 05:28PM
... OK - I'll ask my friend, whether he want to do that eventually or what he'll need more, if ...

Viktor
--------

VDX
April 26, 2023 01:34AM
... do you have the cut fiber too? -- he'll lend me the splicing equipment, but you'll need the correct fiber for the 2 (or max. 10?) Kilowatts to repair it properly ...

Viktor
--------

April 26, 2023 04:02PM
Hello! Thank you for your response. I don't have the cut fiber piece, but I asked the person who sold it to me and they said they will let me know. I wonder why they cut the fiber, I don't understand the reason. Inside the laser module, there is also this 2kW FLM module, from where the cut fiber comes out. Can you tell me what it is used for? It's used for pumping? Here the link to the module that I've mentioned:
[pdf.directindustry.com]

Thanks.
VDX
April 26, 2023 04:45PM
... could be for pumping or better organizing the power-drivers and couplers.

If a laser is out "of duty", then the company, dismissing it, has to "disable" it, so it won't be usefull or "dangerous" anymore ... this is mostly done by cutting all the caples connections and laser cords eye rolling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/26/2023 04:46PM by VDX.

Viktor
--------

April 26, 2023 05:07PM
Thanks for clarificationwinking smiley
I've requested the manual for the module, I'll give you a feedback when I have news about testing it.
December 08, 2023 02:11PM
Hi VDX, here I'm again.
I have finally found a complete bodor YAG 650W Laser cutter with 50 hours of run-time.
The idea, is to replace the YAG source with the fiber source that I have. I can reuse the YAG chiller, and replacing the laser HEAD, I can use my fiber laser source.
But .. I have no information about my laser source that will be a H-LASE. How can I test if it work? In your opinion it's feasible replace the electronic?
But first of all, how can I test the entire module without electronic?
VDX
December 08, 2023 06:12PM
... you can try to apply enough current at the specified voltage to one or more of the diodes, so they start lasering and check, what amount of IR power is emitted by the corresponding fiber.

To start lasering, this should be something like 4 Amps at 12V (absolute max. current is 44 Amps) with cooling on or for a short time, so the diodes won't overheat.

Without reattaching the fiber you have to be cautios, not to burn the cut fiber end!

Viktor
--------

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login