Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

J Hotend MK VB available for 1500 Rs

Posted by Absingh 
J Hotend MK VB available for 1500 Rs
November 13, 2013 11:01AM
Hello,

J Hotend MK VB brand new is available for Rs 1500 all inclusive.

Parts included.
1. Full nozzle assembly - PEEK core / PTFE liner / Brass fitments (0.35 mm extrusion diameter)
2. 6.8 ohms resistor ( 3 watt )
3. 100 K thermistor

Please contact me if you are interested or need more details (Pictures) at RapidInnovationsIndia@gmail.com

Customers feedback was that this nozzle actually performed better than what they purchased from abroad.

Bests,
Abhinav
Re: J Hotend MK VB available for 1500 Rs
November 15, 2013 09:30PM
I have uploaded pictures on the following Link

Link

[plus.google.com]

Dimensions

Square cross sectional block - 19 mm by 19 mm.
External Rod Dimensions ( PEEK ) - 16 mm.
Holding Dimensions - 4.5 mm length - 12 mm internal dia.
nozzle extrusion dia - 0.35 mm.
Total length - 55 mm.
Fits exactly Prusa i3 holder.
November 20, 2013 09:48PM
Here is the direct link to access the photographs

[plus.google.com]

Bests,
Abhinav
December 25, 2013 03:56AM
Well ,

I have few observations with respect to this so called 'J head Mark VB'

1. This is not a 'J head Mark V B'. It is simply a clone.

2. The Peek holder does not have any air vents. It is just having shallow grooves which do not serve any purpose other than trying to make people believe that it looks like the original J head. Air Vents are required to keep the filament cool wihile it is travelling from the cold end to the hot end. Absence of air vents has a severe impact on the performance of the Hot End.

3. The dimensions of the hot end are no where near the original J Head Nozzle. The PTFE liner is just inserted into the PEEK holder with no check nut to hold it in place. It will come out easily after using this hot end for not more than few minutes.

4. There is no gap between the nozzle and the nozzle holder. This will again have adverse effect on the transition of the filament from solid form to liquid form for extrusion.

5. The thermistor being used here will not match the thermistors which can be used with open source firmware. Also, the thermistor being used is not a NTC glass enclosed thermistor which will cause issues with the way it measure the temperature.

6. The machining quality actually cannot match the original J Head.

7. Customer Feed back - As you have claimed customer feed back showed that it performed better than the original J head, do you have any videos /photos to substantiate the claim.

Hot End is the most important portion of your printer design. If you have a cheap hotend which is not machined properly and which has imperfections in the drilling of the nozzle hole/the heat chamber , you will not be able to take any quality prints, whatever you may do. It is better to spend a few bucks more on an original J Head than going through the trouble of calibrating a printer and still not having good prints because of the hot end.

The aim of this review is to bring the correct perspective in front of the people. Please refrain from giving false information to the rep rap community. This will only lead the 3d entusiasts in loosing interest in this technology.

Regards
Rocky
January 15, 2014 10:01PM
Ya I fully agree with Rocky and this hotend is no way near orginial J hotend.

It is just a very poor copy. I wont buy this hotend even if it is sold for free...smiling bouncing smiley
March 11, 2014 12:11PM
Dear Rocky,

Thank you for your feedback. I really appreciate it.
Since I was tied up with other projects that I was looking into, I did not get time to answer your query.

1. Thank you for pointing out. I agree it is not a original but based on the original.

2. The shallow grooves are intended and mind you the latest versions have vertical grooves. In any case, they are proving out to be good.
If you are keen on air vents, we can provide them instead.
Videos are attached and parts on display have been produced. And let me tell me we are printing in Abs. We have done enough research to see the actual melt zone.
Further more, if you want to go into fluid mechanics theory, I can justify my claim based on that as well.
Please let me know if you want me to send pictures to substantiate our theoretical or empirical claims.

3. As I said it is an inspired design and not a direct copy. We have made improvisations on it and made it indigenous. About coming out. It has not come out till date.
I would recommend reading a bit about PEEK. It will tell you why we use PEEK in the first place.

4. No adverse effects because of lack of gap observed.

5. Thermistor 100k is working well with our nozzles and they are not as flimsy as the glass bead ones.

6. As far as machining quality is concerned. We used the best materials from all over the world. The PEEK holder is imported from Germany. We use the best manufacturing available to get it done.

Please refer our website for videos and other technical specifications
[rapid-innovation.webs.com]

I thank you for your feedback and my aim is to make available the 3d printing technology to everybody including those without deep pockets.
Random discussions don't matter, what matters is that the nozzles are doing well and we are continuously striving to make improvements.
May 11, 2014 12:22AM
we indians cant even produce a decent copy.!!!!... learn something from the chinese,,, atleast they create good copies upto the original spec....
May 13, 2014 04:23PM
So far I understood is Indians don't copy as it is ! they learn every bit and make an appropriate one

If they make mistakes they will learn from their Mistakes and will give a good result, but I don't know exactly about chinese but they are very very hard workers!

Enjoy life smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login