Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Vi3Dim or ProForma on MacBook

Posted by opticbit 
Vi3Dim or ProForma on MacBook
December 17, 2010 05:59PM
I've been looking for something to be able to 3D scan cheaply, with what I have (a macbook pro core2duo)
It looks like the cheapest and easiest is Vi3Dim and ProForma by Qi Pan of Cambridge University.
I've installed win7 with boot camp and virtual box, also win xp in virtual box. Vi3Dim Demo (full version is $20) won't turn the macbook's cam on for more than a second.
Pro Forma doesn't seem to be available yet. I thought it would be by now, and it looks like much better software from the video demos.
anyone know of anything better, or what I might be doing wrong with win and vi3dim
Re: Vi3Dim or ProForma on MacBook
December 20, 2010 05:02AM
Hey.
just go to vi3dim web site and read forum and tutorials, you cant use laptop camera, you need to hold your camera in specific position to to begin a scan.
check your hardware specification. maybe your hardware doesn't fit vi3dim minimal hardware requirements.
if you have some other questions about vi3dim . you can send me mail to vitaly@vi3dim.com.
Thanks
vitaly
March 02, 2011 08:07AM
This sw looks good. Can someone tell me how it handles objects that are not flat on any side?
March 08, 2011 03:46AM
I would like to know if anyone did some good scans with vi3dim in general, there is not much to find on youtube and such except the company's media...

Regarding objects that are not flat on one side, it would probably mean you will have to scan it from two sides and join parts of the scans...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login