Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

High resolution 3D scanning

Posted by yellow_fish 
High resolution 3D scanning
July 07, 2013 07:59AM
Now that I've got a printer accurate to +/-0.1mm I'd really like a scanner that's capable of the same. I'm not all that sure what's out there so would really like some pointers.

Wish list:

0.1mm resolution
handheld/mobile - it needs to operate inside the cabin of a car for scanning the interior trim
must cope with reflective surfaces (I know this is a bit of a killer, but it will be working near glass and can't be thrown off by it, and trim is quite shiny plastic.)
Prefer to stick to open source

Price <£500 (flexible, if it can meet all the requirements I can stretch the budget)

Basically this will be working towards a project looking at re manufacturing interior trim to accommodate speakers for a competition standard car audio system. By digitizing the cabin I will be able to design and print the required mounts for the speakers. I also want to experiment with printing in ABS to make a composite mount using GFRP since current designs tend to use a solid frame (MDF/Steel/AL) with GFRP overlayed with little mechanical strength at the interface.
Re: High resolution 3D scanning
August 06, 2013 07:52AM
Maybe one of these.

[www.kickstarter.com]

Ben
November 10, 2013 03:48AM
It looks like this would work for you.
Check it out: [www.artec3d.com]
November 14, 2013 04:12AM
It's just the software 3DLSX. if you only use the X axis, you're independent.
read the scans are united by meshlab or the module to print in the entsprächenden size.
Reflective surfaces should therefore be processed:3D Scanspray
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login