Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

interesting 3d scanner

Posted by ohiomike 
interesting 3d scanner
June 08, 2007 03:20PM
[www.instructables.com]

The displacemnt map only covers half the object but I wonder if you can make one of each half and then combine. It saids that the code can import into blender, and I would assume that blender can produce the STL files necessary for Darwin. But thats only an assumtion

Mike
Anonymous User
Re: interesting 3d scanner
June 11, 2007 08:46AM
Even though 3D scanning sounds like an afterthought now, I think when the dust settles it will be an important feature to a useful fabber.
June 12, 2007 02:38AM
It's not an afterthought, its been bounced around quite a bit. It is 3D scanning that brought me to reprap. I found the scanning articles and started fanning out and looking at the methods and got some ideas about how they worked. Then I sat back, well 3d models are all very good, but what do I do when I have a model. And this was the answer that I found to that question.
June 12, 2007 12:25PM
Rather than filling the bath you could rotate the object on a horizontal axis. That would get both halves, pretty much the same as the laser and turntable method but you have replaced the laser with milk and the turntable with a spit.

[www.hydraraptor.blogspot.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login