Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Stepper Motor Pinout

Posted by mellery 
Stepper Motor Pinout
December 30, 2007 03:21PM
Hello,

I bought 3 stepper motors from the reprap store, i want to make sure I have the pinout right before I connect them and fry something.

I'm assuming pin1 on the STEPPER connector is closest to LED2

pin1 = blue
pin2 = green
pin3 = brown
pin4 = white

red and yellow shorted
black and orange shorted

is this correct?

Thanks
Re: Stepper Motor Pinout
December 30, 2007 06:26PM
that should be right. if it doesnt turn, then you'll need to swap brown/white *or* blue/green (not both)

if it rotates the wrong direction, unplug it, flip the plug and plug it back in. (make sure you turn power off when you do this!!!)

i need to add this info to the wiki, as well as add labeling to the pinouts on the stepper board. sorry!
December 30, 2007 06:44PM
i made a picture of the labeling... and i'll update the stepper motor page ASAP with the proper wiring.

[reprap.org]

cheers!
December 30, 2007 07:25PM
great! Thanks for all your work on the documentation, its appreciated!

I've now got an Arduino controlled stepper motor! I'll connect it to the x-axis tomorrow.
December 30, 2007 07:42PM
awesome! i just also did a bunch of work on the stepper motor page as well. it should make these things much clearer:

[www.reprap.org]

theres nothing more exciting than getting your first stepper moving (well, getting 2 steppers moving, printing, building a 2nd reprap...)
December 31, 2007 03:31AM
I notice that you've deleted the part about the reversed pin outs for the X axis. Can I take it that whatever the issue was there has been resolved?
January 02, 2008 05:31PM
nope, i moved that to the stepper controller v1.2 page. the stepper page lists what wires are which ends of the coils, and then the stepper controller page lists which wires to connect to which pins.

of course this is only a problem with the older PIC based boards (or rather the PIC firmware) the newer Arduino boards dont have this problem.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login