Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

hello all

Posted by Yovavc 
hello all
November 12, 2008 02:03PM
hi everyone
the RepRap project sound greet, and you have a very interesting forum, and i was wondering if you gays won't mind if i join in, reason i am asking its because i am not building a RepRap but a CNC machine and i could use your assistance and advice, of course i will try to contribute as much as i can.
by the way my name is Yovav i am an electrical engineer from Israel.

Peace grinning smiley
Yovav
VDX
Re: hello all
November 12, 2008 02:52PM
Hi Yovav,

you're welcome!

Some others (like me) are repstrapping with CNC-machines, so here should be some know-how and advice.

It's a nice 'sidepath' fixing an extruder beside the mill-head and then try additive fabbing parallel to the subtractive as with milling ...

Viktor

PS: AFAIK most people i met in the forum weren't gay smiling bouncing smiley
November 13, 2008 02:49AM
Hi Yovav,

Nice to see another Israeli here smiling smiley
I'm currently building a RepRap Darwin at the Technion, in Haifa as a project for my B.Sc in mechanical engineering.

Good luck!
-Leav
November 13, 2008 04:41AM
Glad to meet you Leav and Viktor
i am also working on my CNC project as part of my B.S at Tel Aviv Uni.
my main difficulty is the size requirement, i need to build a machine with a 2500[mm]x1300[mm] cutting area and an End Product accuracy of 0.01 [mm], so i can't use stepper motor (they might slide) and need to build a closed loop control for DC motors, but my real problem is measurements,

is there a relatively cheap (under 1000$) position system with accuracy of 0.001[mm]?

i am having difficulty finding one of those

nice to join the gang spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Yovav
VDX
November 13, 2008 05:58AM
Hi Yovav,

... i don't think you would find anything with this specs and prices eye popping smiley

Look here: - [wwwpdb.heidenhain.de] (last page)

With expensive glass-measures and closed-loop you would receive +/-2 to 3 microns best over 2 meters!

For higher accuracy you have to stabilize the temperature of your machine and the driving mechanics, what's a very big and extreme expensive task.

Viktor
November 13, 2008 12:27PM
you are probably right i got price proposal as high as 25000$
and that's way too much.
what you showed me is good, but there is a 0.01 micron magnetic scale from Sony, unfortunately non of the companies state their prices or even their prices range, so it will take a while to find out.

i contacted several firms about linear magnetic encoders, i will keep you posted regarding their price offers.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login