Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Nozzle with included thermistance and heater : what is the thread size ?

Posted by erylon 
Nozzle with included thermistance and heater : what is the thread size ?
January 12, 2014 03:29PM
Hello
Does any one of you use this nozzle :

This sounds nice but would you please tell me which size of thread is it to screw inside : M6, M8 ? or something in inches ?

Thank you !
Emmanuel
Re: Nozzle with included thermistance and heater : what is the thread size ?
May 15, 2014 02:56PM
My guess would be M9 because that's a common size, but it's impossible to tell without more information about which hotend it actually is.

Through self sustaining actions comes freedom

DIY Tech Shop
May 16, 2014 01:32AM
diytechshop
My guess would be M9 because that's a common size, but it's impossible to tell without more information about which hotend it actually is.

A reverse image search yielded this ebay auction: [www.ebay.com]

And searching "PT100 extruder nozzle" yielded this Aliexpress listing: [www.aliexpress.com]

Neither of which list a thread size or pitch.

An all in one package seems like it would be useful, but with information this hard to come by and little to no support provided, I'd be wary of this.
June 27, 2014 11:24PM
Yes those are M6 threads.

I bought one some time back as it looked like an elegant solution. I've just now tried to get it working but I have had some trouble with measureing the temperature.

After measuring 8ohms at room temp and 11 ohms at 100 degC I began to suspect it may not be a standard PT100 RTD so after scratching my head for a while I decided to take a closer look.
In the attched picture is what you will find under the silicone and a few layers of insulating tape. To the right is the heating element which is some nichrome wire wound around the spindle. To the left is the RTD element which appears to be RTD wire twisted around itself and wound around the spindle.

I'm no expert so I won't comment on the design but I would be very interested in what some of the local experts make of this design. Particulary with respect to the temperature measurement as I would have expected an RTD thermometer to need more turns.

Trying now to dicide which hot end to replace it with confused smiley.
Attachments:
open | download - DSC_0094.jpg (364.9 KB)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login