Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Direct drive extruder adapter STL file?

Posted by Wade 
Direct drive extruder adapter STL file?
September 29, 2008 06:48PM
I was poking around the Sourceforge directories, and I can find the original flexible drive extruder (which I have built), but does anyone have a file for a direct drive adapter? My flexible extruder drive is about to let go; I may be able to make a direct drive adapter for the GM3 before it breaks if I'm lucky... smiling smiley

Wade
Re: Direct drive extruder adapter STL file?
September 29, 2008 09:02PM
Are you looking for the "Direct drive/No-support gear bush holder" here [reprap.org] ?
September 30, 2008 02:00PM
close, but my extruder is slow enough without the gears. I'm looking for the no gear direct drive GM3 mount. I think maybe that's what Nophead is using, but I can't find the file.
September 30, 2008 03:27PM
Hi Wade,
I think this is what you are looking for: -

I have attached the STL.

It is not easy to get at this file. I used the Tortoise SVN client to find an older version of the extruder assembly file. It is a hidden object which you can make visible, orientate and save as an STL.

[www.hydraraptor.blogspot.com]
Attachments:
open | download - old-motor-holder.stl (331.9 KB)
September 30, 2008 05:47PM
exactly the file! Thank you once again Nophead! Maybe we could stick this on the extruder alternatives page?

I've also ordered a new extruder from Iain, the new design looks nice, and I could use a plan B.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login