Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

drive-pulley_3off.par

Posted by BalanceSeeker 
drive-pulley_3off.par
January 18, 2010 12:18PM
I have a query regarding the RP part called drive-pulley_3off.par
According to my understanding, the part in question should have an inner (circular) diameter of 5mm, to accomodate the stepper motor shaft.
However, the STL file which I downloaded from the reprap site, provides the following structure, when 3d-printed:

Hopefully, you can see from the image, that the inner diameter is, in fact NOT circular.
Please can you refer me to the correct STL file, that contains the correct inner-diameter circular structure, or refer me to the procedure to correct the STL file.
If the latter, bear in mind that I do not have CAD software, nor any experience in using it.
That concludes my request. The rest of this message includes images of my mendel build, thus far:

I hope to hear from you soonest.
Regards
Marius Botha,
Pretoria, South Africa
Re: drive-pulley_3off.par
January 18, 2010 02:36PM
If you look at the section headed assembly here: [objects.reprap.org] you will see you are supposed to file flats on the motor shafts.

[www.hydraraptor.blogspot.com]
January 18, 2010 02:56PM
nophead,

thankyou for straightening me out. Your help is much appreciated.

Thankyou.
January 18, 2010 03:25PM
BalanceSeeker: If you wait until tomorrow, I will post in my Mendel build series about exactly this problem.

I modified the drive pulleys, so they accept my motor shaft. I will post the .stl file too, so you can simply print it.

See my Mendel build series at: [blog.arcol.hu]
January 19, 2010 11:34AM
BalanceSeeker: You can download the modified pulley from this blogpost:
[blog.arcol.hu]

Hope it helps.
January 19, 2010 11:53AM
Assuming your motor comes with one flat already. I have four types of NEMA17 and none have flats. The ones from the UK have 5mm shafts and ones from Makerbot have two slightly smaller sizes.

[www.hydraraptor.blogspot.com]
January 19, 2010 12:47PM
khiraly,

Thankyou. I have followed the link and downloaded the stl file.
Next step will be to print it and test it.
Thankyou nophead and khiraly for your help. I will definitely let you know how the testing went.

Regards
Marius Botha
Pretoria, South Africa
April 24, 2010 01:30PM
@khiraly
herewith a brief, albeit very late, report-back,
thankyou for your assistance. I have implemented your pulley solution, and its working perfectly.

@nophead
I have implemented the diBond print bed. Have not tested it, but it looks pretty good!
Also, the pololu steppers, coupled to sangiuno w/ modified headers works well.

Thankyou for your advice and help.

Regards
Marius Botha
Pretoria, South Africa
[mariushermanbotha.wordpress.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login