Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Timing Belt

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Timing Belt
July 20, 2007 08:52AM
Hi Everybody,

Could anyone suggest an alternative source for the belt? RS has the Synchroflex(R) timing belt, p=2.5mm,w=6mm, t=1.3mm (RS no. 474-5230) but this is
Anonymous User
Re: Timing Belt
July 20, 2007 09:23AM
I have p=2.5mm width = 5mm and length= 550mm, these are strips that can be fused together. I bought a giant box of these surplus NCR belts and I would give you them for free, but I think since your talking pounds, you must be in the UK, so shipping is a real pain in ass. I don't suppose you are planning on visiting Dayton,
Ohio in the near future?
Anonymous User
July 20, 2007 09:51AM
Not any time soon!! Thanks for the offer though.
(Incidently, i'm from Ireland)
Anonymous User
July 20, 2007 10:02AM
I guess that means your green! Do you know anyone traveling this summer to the great vacation site of Dayton, Ohio? I know we have to do this right, but on the cheap!
July 20, 2007 10:34AM
Hey guys, shipping stuff overseas is no big trick. Like you stuff the belt in a padded envelope and send it at the overseas air mail rate. The rates on that mode are much less than you'd expect here in the US and hugely cheaper than going UPS or FedEx.

On the customs declaration you list it as a gift or sample so that the recipient doesn't get soaked for import duty. Gift is better.
July 20, 2007 11:07AM
its true... i ship via USPS overseas all the time with the RRRF. depending on the size, you can easily get the bill under $20.
July 20, 2007 11:18AM
ZachHoeken Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> its true... i ship via USPS overseas all the time
> with the RRRF. depending on the size, you can
> easily get the bill under $20.

Oh heavens! If you go the airmail rate rather than priority overseas it usually gets there in a week to ten days and for a few ounces will cost you $5-6 max.
Anonymous User
July 20, 2007 11:35AM
find the rate and let me know what you need. I have resistors and caps and connectors, oh my!
July 20, 2007 11:45AM
Mind, I am talking about shipping from the US, not the other way around. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

I have no idea of how the Irish postal service might be setting rates.
July 20, 2007 01:56PM
See [pe.usps.gov] (near end of the page) for rates to Ireland.

Jonathan
Anonymous User
July 20, 2007 02:22PM
It is $0.90 an ounce. For you metric people 28.37 grams. What is your currency in Ireland? Tell me your address, (you got a zip code, just kidding!). I'll make you a deal, I'll send you what ever parts That I have that you need, and you send me a GENUINE leprechaun, (don't tell me they don't exist). Where are you as in what circuit boards are you working on? The 2 pin female connector, one great source is old computer cases! Another good source for the fan is the computer power supply that you will eventually destroy, so get two! How do you address mail on the Emerald Island?
Anonymous User
July 20, 2007 02:28PM
Dr. Higgs, not that you need anything, but Mendelson's, (the surplus store) is closing this 4 story old GM factor filled with surplus electronics. They slashed the already good prices by 40%. If you need it I sure can find it. I got a zillion resistors, capacitors, diodes, connectors, LED's (red especially, some green and yellow). I have been going to Mendelson's since 1991 and I have bought a million grab bag of stuff over the years. I have some spare Thermistors that I already calculated the Beta and Rz for. Just let me know what you need and I can surely find it here. By the way it is free, I already bought it along time ago and my basement looks like a mini mendelson's, with shelves loaded everywhere
July 20, 2007 02:41PM
-------------------------------------------------------
> Dr. Higgs, not that you need anything, but
> Mendelson's, (the surplus store) is closing this 4
> story old GM factor filled with surplus
> electronics.

You are very kind, however, you are preaching just a bit to the choir vis a vis Mendelson's. I've been buying stuff from them over the internet for some years now and I fear that my small seaside flat is pretty much chock full of wonderful things that I've acquired from both Mendelson's and other liquidation firms over the years. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

I am sorry to hear that they are closing. I'll miss web shopping there.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/20/2007 02:41PM by Forrest Higgs.
Anonymous User
July 20, 2007 03:28PM
Well they are moving to a smaller place, no one knows where. I see what they have on the web and such, but that third floor is amazing! Where do you think they took the roswell saucers, the third floor! I found a Superior electric Indexer, Microstep driver sitting in the power Supply section. I bought this for $14.00 in 1995 and replaced a few made transistors and sold it for $1500 as part of a programmable spot welder machine! That machine almost paid for my Master's degree!
Anonymous User
July 20, 2007 03:29PM
Well they are moving to a smaller place, no one knows where. I see what they have on the web and such, but that third floor is amazing! Where do you think they took the roswell saucers, the third floor! I found a Superior electric Indexer, Microstep driver sitting in the power Supply section. I bought this for $14.00 in 1995 and replaced a few made transistors and sold it for $1500 as part of a programmable spot welder machine! That machine almost paid for my Master's degree! I offered them my basement for their shop, they declined!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login