Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Another question about H-Bot vs CoreXY

Posted by MrDoctorDIV 
Another question about H-Bot vs CoreXY
July 31, 2014 07:55PM
A question to the public:
H-bot's drawback is simply a racking of the gantry, correct? The only problem that CoreXY overcomes is the rotating of the gantry?
So if two situations were implemented on an H-bot-- 1, that the attached belt be attached and aligned on the center of the gantry's weight; 2, that the gantry be of such tolerance as to not rack even when attempting to force it to do so by hand in rotational forces-- would that then remove the point of CoreXY? Would H-bot then have an advantage in its simplicity? Also, what about larger distances. Does one or the other work better for longer distances due to belt lengths? Is that another negligible difference according to tolerance?
I wouldn't ask unless the simplification in building were quite significant. I'm all over CoreXY.

Realizer- One who realizes dreams by making them a reality either by possibility or by completion. Also creating or renewing hopes of dreams.
"keep in mind, even the best printer can not print with the best filament if the user is the problem." -Ohmarinus
Re: Another question about H-Bot vs CoreXY
August 07, 2014 11:23AM
Either of your proposed situations would be sufficient to make H-Bot superior to CoreXY.

I personally think the hbot is superior to corexy in all situations, as the non-planar belt path used for corexy bugs me.

If your gantry is flimsy enough to rack, it will probably be problematic regardless of what system you use. CoreXY doesn't prevent inertia or other forces from affecting the gantry.
August 07, 2014 03:43PM
I personally think the hbot is superior to corexy in all situations, as the non-planar belt path used for corexy bugs me.
I think you're misunderstanding something... CoreXY has two belts, each of which is on a planar belt path.

No matter how stiff the frame, the HBot's torque on the y-axis will add friction to the y-axis bearings even if the frame is stiff enough to not allow deformation. With good (expensive) bearings the friction is negligible, but that adds more expense than a second belt and a few extra pulleys.

I think each of the belts in the CoreXY are 75% of the length of the single belt in the HBot. So you end up with more belt overall, but belt costs go up with continuous length, at some point while scaling up, the CoreXY becomes cheaper than the HBot, but I'm pretty sure you have to get pretty big before that happens.
August 07, 2014 04:45PM
Also, the longer spans of the H-bot belt allow for more stretching, sagging, etc. CoreXY is anti-racking [rotating] in multiple ways allowing for a looser/cheaper frame to be utilized while maintaining quality and lightness. Also working with two planes isn't much of anything for me to do.

Realizer- One who realizes dreams by making them a reality either by possibility or by completion. Also creating or renewing hopes of dreams.
"keep in mind, even the best printer can not print with the best filament if the user is the problem." -Ohmarinus
September 17, 2014 01:52AM
Hi all,
is there a user that owns an Orca v4 and who has replaced Camiel's hobbled shaft with the Mark8 ?

I just got my Mark8, but the diameter is so much less, that i need to redesign the extruder parts and the mounting of them.
Maybe someone has done it already ? I would like to lend some ideas :-)

You can check out our latest Pass4sure C4120-783 and ISC exams written by our certified teams
March 14, 2016 04:13PM
Instead of using linear bearings, would linear rails used such as v-slots work? I'm speaking of the setups found in Openbuilds.com.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login