Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

BullDog XL Extruder dimensions

BullDog XL Extruder dimensions
December 29, 2014 07:43PM
OK, in spite of hundreds of people asking, and thousands of these things being sold, no one has provided dimensions that would let you design your extruder carriage, check fit in your printer, etc.

Until now.

Here are the base plate dimensions, modeled as closely as I could with a caliper and a scale.

The model is as complete as I intend to make it. Dimensions have been checked and appear to be correct within about +/- 0.1 mm or so. This is an RSDOC file (DesignSpark Mechanical):

BullDog XL extruder 3D model

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 12/29/2014 11:52PM by the_digital_dentist.
Re: BullDog XL Extruder dimensions
December 30, 2014 05:51PM
Thanks, I've been trying to design around a bulldog lite extruder but was having trouble figuring out the dimensions.

Frankly it disgusts me that they promised to open-source the drawings upon getting funded but won't even give us a mounting pattern.
I'd use something else but I haven't found an alternative that is just right. Most of them are ridiculously expensive too.
December 31, 2014 12:34AM
You're over engineering it. Here's my original bulldog lite carriage connected to an e3d hot end. Yes, it's basically a couple of cable ties, and what you can't see is a single M8 washer between the hotend and extruder to make the mounting plate fit smiling smiley

If I'd known you needed dimensions, I drew some up myself for both the lite and full fat versions. Yours are much more professionally done though smiling smiley
December 31, 2014 02:12PM
Over-engineering is what I do: http://mark.rehorst.com/MegaMax_3D_Printer/index.html

Are you able to get quality prints with the extruder "secured" that way?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login