Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

'Magic' bolt length?

Posted by reece.arnott 
'Magic' bolt length?
August 31, 2007 12:47AM
I'm hoping to finish off the electronics this weekend and am looking into a major shopping trip in the next few weeks to gather together most of the non-RP'd parts to build the Cartesian framework and came across the comment on the DarwinConceptsImprovements page saying that: 'Magic (single) bolt length would be cool'.

I totally agree and was wondering if anyone has done anything about this or am I going to have to buy (and try and keep track of) 10 zillion different lengths?
Re: 'Magic' bolt length?
August 31, 2007 06:03AM
I don't have your answer, but if you don't get one, pack ziplocks and post-its. Put each size in a different ziploc, and drop a post-it, with the size on it, in the bag. Having the post-its pre-filled out, along with the needed quantity, could also double as your shopping list.
Re: 'Magic' bolt length?
August 31, 2007 10:53AM
yeah, i dunno if eD has gotten around to that... but if you look on the parts list, its mostly 2-3 different sizes and there are a few random bolts of odd lengths. unfortunately it seems that certain RP'ed parts are made so that it requires a bolt of an exact length.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login