Graphite impregnated bronze bushings vs LM8UU

Posted by AndrewBCN 
Graphite impregnated bronze bushings vs LM8UU
June 08, 2015 11:22AM
This is the video as shot a few minutes ago (no editing whatsoever):

[youtu.be]
Re: Graphite impregnated bronze bushings vs LM8UU
June 08, 2015 11:41AM
I've been using the bronze oilite bushings with a printed adapter instead of the lmXuu bearings, and love them. I can get the standard sizes bronze bushings through fastenal.com for about as cheap as the cheap chinese bearings.
June 08, 2015 11:34PM
It appears that you would occasionally rotate the smooth rod and the LM8UU bearing slightly during your demonstration. Any rotation with a linear bearing is a big "NO-NO", you can damage one with just slight rotation., linear bearings are intended for linear motion only, no rotation. As for the noise I agree with you completely, you will get a much quieter machine with bushings than linear bearings and the wear will be more evenly distributed allowing longer use between rebuilds.
June 09, 2015 10:22AM
SumDude
It appears that you would occasionally rotate the smooth rod and the LM8UU bearing slightly during your demonstration. Any rotation with a linear bearing is a big "NO-NO", you can damage one with just slight rotation., linear bearings are intended for linear motion only, no rotation.

Thanks, note taken to avoid rotating a linear bearing.
July 18, 2015 08:59PM
Anyone have any experience in using SC8UU linear pillow blocks for hotplate platform support??
July 20, 2015 11:26AM
Noise isn't really a great way to compare linear bearings. Any recirculating bearing (including ultra precise linear rail) will be audible.

I'd be most concerned with play in the linear bearing. Is the ID on bushings well suited to the linear shaft?
July 23, 2015 03:29AM
Noise isn't really a great way to compare linear bearings. Any recirculating bearing (including ultra precise linear rail) will be audible.

I'd be most concerned with play in the linear bearing. Is the ID on bushings well suited to the linear shaft?

Basically there is no play at all with these bushings. But that could in fact even be a problem, as you really need perfectly aligned smooth rods. eye popping smiley
November 03, 2016 11:57AM
hi all!
please help me!
i have a bronze bushings.would like to ask if anyone knows how to fill graphite in the holes of bronze bushing?
thanks!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login