Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Reduce vibrations of Stepper

Posted by MaikB85 
Reduce vibrations of Stepper
January 08, 2016 10:33AM
Hello

I have a Mendel90 and some problems after I replaced the linear bearings and rod of the X and Y axis with some high quality parts (bearings: SKF LBBR 8 2LS). Now I have more vibrations on these axes especially with slow speeds under 25mm/s. Is there a way to reduce these vibrations? Maybe with acceleration settings or other motor drivers?
I use the RAMPS 1.4 Board with the A4988 pololus and newest Marlin firmware 1.1.0 rc3. Also tested a stepper test sketch and changing current for the steppers but no difference.

Hope someone could help me!

Maik
VDX
Re: Reduce vibrations of Stepper
January 08, 2016 10:42AM
... higher microstepping can help, or adding higher 'seismic' or damper masses to the axes ...

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
January 08, 2016 10:57AM
microstepping is at 1/16
January 08, 2016 11:09AM
Have you tried Astrosyn dampers? I have them on the CoreXY Im building and it is pretty darn quiet.

greghoge.com

HUGE 3D PRINTER PARTS SALE!!!
January 08, 2016 11:18AM
gmh39
Have you tried Astrosyn dampers? I have them on the CoreXY Im building and it is pretty darn quiet.

no not yet. I will order them an try if this is better.
VDX
January 08, 2016 11:41AM
MaikB85
microstepping is at 1/16

... I'm running my machines with 1/128 or 1/256 microstepping and NEMA-23 steppers and -servos -- it's a big difference in noise and resolution, but you'll need 32Bit processors or expensive industrial controllers ...

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
January 08, 2016 08:04PM
Cut up a mouse mat, one square on the face of motor and another one the base of the bracket, squashes down to nothing but it sounds quiet enough to me.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login