Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Toy

Toy
March 07, 2016 09:24AM
A friend recently acquired this machine at an auction near Chicago. X and Y axes driven by Anorad linear motors! While it was moving I tried to slow/stop movement by pushing on the moving X axis arm. I couldn't detect any change in the motion at all. It just ignored me!

X and Y are about 800mm, and it has about 300 mm or so of Z capacity. Maybe a CNC router/printer/laser cutter...?

Unfortunately, it requires 208V 3 phase power and compressed air (for the air bearings in those linear motors), so it isn't an "at home" type machine. We have all the necessary power and air at the makerspace!

Ultra MegaMax Dominator 3D printer: [drmrehorst.blogspot.com]
VDX
Re: Toy
March 07, 2016 10:18AM
... I think, this was a PCB pick-n-place system - look at the camera/cameras, what's common for identifying/inspecting electronic components before placing them.

It's a good basis for a high precise/high-speed machine if you have the right software and support -- so thumbs up! winking smiley

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
March 07, 2016 10:34AM
nice!
Anonymous User
March 08, 2016 02:13AM
In my younger days, I played with Electroglas machines that were using X Y linear motor like here: Electroglas

It is an "uncoiled" stepper motor smiling smiley. and the plate floats on air. Better than 10 microns accuracy, real ones smiling smiley .

The new ones are of course far better but you need a second mortgage.

Even as second hand they are expensive and a bit overkill for our current need.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/08/2016 02:15AM by MKSA.
March 08, 2016 07:16AM
it's not a toy, it's a beast... father of megamax...but a great toy to play with great for carving pumpkins, and who knows what.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login