SINGLE SHEET frame vs BOX frame
April 18, 2016 05:36PM
Hi everybody! I am building a PRUSA i3 printer and am printing parts on the basis of making a box style frame out of MDF wood by a laser cutter but now...am considering to switch to aluminium profiles as an alternative way to simplify work (less cutting...) SO my question is...DO I NEED to print parts specially made for the single sheet style and purchase other hardwares (bolts,screws,nuts...) or do i just work my way out with the ones i had earlier for the box wood style?? do i need other aluminium parts? What is the difference between the two styles in a matter of performance ?
I printed STL parts as a combination with a dxf file attached . THANK YOU smiling smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/18/2016 08:14PM by xdarko.
Attachments:
open | download - Frame.dxf (95.5 KB)
Re: SINGLE SHEET frame vs BOX frame
April 25, 2016 12:44AM
Hi xdarko,
I have just started building an I3 Box Frame, my 1st 3D printer. I am using boards of Red Oak 110 wide x 18mm thick that I bought at the hardware store.
I think this is much easier as you only have to cut 6 or 7 boards to length and screw them together.
I haven't got any further than that yet as I am still waiting for other parts to arrive.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login