Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Z-axis movement problem

Posted by ysflzrd 
Z-axis movement problem
August 08, 2016 03:58AM
Hello there,
I would like to take your advices in a very spesific subject. I've builded my prusa i3 pro b printer, and i've been doing some prints, but there's a problem. You see, on z axis's movement, there's a coupling; it's connected to the motor shaft and the threaded rod, it gives the motion to the threaded rod which it'd taken from the motor shaft. But when doing that, threaded rod doesn't stand still; it keeps moving upwards and at some point, coupling reaches it's limit of yielding and i with respect to that, I can't get extruder down enough for printing (because coupling reaches it's yielding limit and because of that, threaded rod can't keep moving up, and because of that extruder can't move down anymore.). I don't know what's causing this issue; i changed threaded rod's, couplings etc. and i always have that problem on the left side (that's where extruder motor is mounted). So i hope you guys can help me with that.
Thank you all.
Re: Z-axis movement problem
August 08, 2016 09:29PM
Hey,
It is very difficult for me to visualize what you are saying. Could you please provide some pictures, or even better a video? I am sure you know the old saying, "A picture is worth a thousand words (and a video is worth ten thousand words)."
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login