Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Hybrid 3D/PTFE printed LM8UU &LM8LUU

Posted by Antscran 
Hybrid 3D/PTFE printed LM8UU &LM8LUU
August 27, 2016 03:57PM
Hi all,

Thought I would share a little idea I had which seems to work pretty well, its a 3D printed bearing which also uses 2mm PTFE.

It makes use of commonly available PTFE tubing for the area which is in contact with the linear shaft, combined with a printable bearing housing. This has quite a few advantages; as it's light weight, PTFE has an extremely low friction coefficient and if the tube wears over time it can simply be replaced, without the need to dismantling the linear shaft assembly.

All the files details and a video can be found here http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1739340

Cheers,

Ant

[www.coder-tronics.com]
[www.thingiverse.com]
Re: Hybrid 3D/PTFE printed LM8UU &LM8LUU
August 28, 2016 08:50PM
Wow, that is so cool!

I was surprised by how quiet it is even compared to the igus bushing...
Re: Hybrid 3D/PTFE printed LM8UU &LM8LUU
October 06, 2016 10:49AM

Though I am concerned about the PTFE tubes crushing with load or over time. and not sure I could trust it printed in PLA as I have noticed any PLA under any amount of pressure seems to slowly warp and bend over time, ABS should be fine though as long as the PTFE can handle it I may have to try this in the future.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/06/2016 10:53AM by DaGameFace.

If you need some help, or don't understand what I just said, feel free to send me a PM anytime

Printer: Prusa i3, 2 E3D v6 Hotends, Arduino + RAMPS 1.4 with a Bypassed 5V Regulator, 400w Insignia ATX PSU, Custom Designed Bowden Extruders
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login