Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

1 hotend 2 extruder

Posted by elmek6 
1 hotend 2 extruder
September 24, 2016 10:40PM
hi,
I like my direct drive extruder but filament tension makes artificial effects on my print. in other hand bowden extruder with my large & 3mm printer make also another problem.
I want to use 2 motors. first motor will provide constant filament tension for my direct drive extruder.
I use ramps 1.4 and Marlin. My E1 is now empty.
so I want to use both E0 & E1 synchronize
any suggestion?
Re: 1 hotend 2 extruder
September 25, 2016 01:09PM
My suggestion is to run a dummy bowden tube, loosely, from your spool to your hotend. Then, fix the bowden tube to the frame and to the extruder. This should alleviate your problems with the tension affecting a print, no?
September 25, 2016 04:14PM
hmmmm, why?
or why not I'll try smiling smiley
September 26, 2016 03:18PM
If you really wanted to still do your original idea, its a simple matter of splicing the two sets of stepper wires together. People do it all the time to synchronize their two Z axis motors

If you need some help, or don't understand what I just said, feel free to send me a PM anytime

Printer: Prusa i3, 2 E3D v6 Hotends, Arduino + RAMPS 1.4 with a Bypassed 5V Regulator, 400w Insignia ATX PSU, Custom Designed Bowden Extruders
September 26, 2016 05:12PM
thx n8bot
I tried the bowden tube, actually it's better now (but need more testing)

thx DaGameFace
I work with 3mm Filament with direct extruder. If I use the same wire, then 2A stepper lose the torq. Because they will share the power too.
September 27, 2016 03:39AM
elmek6
thx n8bot
I tried the bowden tube, actually it's better now (but need more testing)

thx DaGameFace
I work with 3mm Filament with direct extruder. If I use the same wire, then 2A stepper lose the torq. Because they will share the power too.

No problem! Just to be clear, you are running the filament through the bowden tube, right, but not using it as a bowden? On my delta, it provides a guided, clean path for the filament, and a consistent (light) tension on the effector, since the length never changes.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/27/2016 03:39AM by n8bot.
September 27, 2016 06:43PM
I have Prusa i3 wood frame and I just add 20cm bowden tube to my extruder. So extruder getting filament though bowden tube.

I just upgrade my direct extruder to bowden extruder. Now everything is very smooth...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/17/2016 02:57PM by elmek6.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login