Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

new print surface LokBuild

Posted by GrillSgt 
new print surface LokBuild
January 14, 2017 02:50AM
Hi guys,

last thursday I've received my new kickstarter financed print surface LokBuild. I did some little testing and have to say it's the best print surface I've used up to now. I've already tried heated glas, alloy, blue tape and printbite.

I've tried to print PETG with only 50° C without any adhesion issues. I will now try to reduce this more and more. But after a first test print it's already looks perfect for me:

The print surface looks like this:

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/14/2017 02:52AM by GrillSgt.
Re: new print surface LokBuild
January 14, 2017 03:30AM
I saw the campaign & thought it was a hell of a wait for a couple of dollars, but here we are January all ready, hopefully I can all try it out soon.
January 14, 2017 07:31AM
The real test of bed adhesion is parts with a tiny footprint and long narrow parts.

Ultra MegaMax Dominator 3D printer: [drmrehorst.blogspot.com]
January 14, 2017 12:11PM
They had an example of a large print held down by a tiny footprint, I thought that was quite impressive.
January 15, 2017 07:07AM
the_digital_dentist
The real test of bed adhesion is parts with a tiny footprint and long narrow parts.

Let me know what I should print and show you. But please note, I have just a 0.4 mm Nozzle.
January 15, 2017 07:30AM
If you want to test whether it works well, print the sort of stuff that's hard to get to stick to the bed...

Try printing some inverted truncated cones with varying diameters contacting the bed.

Try a rectangular solid that's 150 mm long and 3 mm wide and 10 mm high.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/15/2017 07:33AM by the_digital_dentist.

Ultra MegaMax Dominator 3D printer: [drmrehorst.blogspot.com]
January 16, 2017 03:24PM
LokBuild is available from my website www.andornot.co.uk. I have in stock the 8 inch and 12 inch square reasonable priced.

[www.andornot.co.uk]
January 16, 2017 03:32PM
Looks like a very nice surface finish. I use PrintBite at the moment and it gives a nice glossy surface finish, but actually I used to prefer the matte appearance blue tape gave.

How durable is lokbuild though? I use PrintBite and although it costs more its tough as anything. Plenty of nozzle collisions so far and it only leaves a little scuff.
January 18, 2017 05:44AM
I cannot say something how durable it is. What I can say for now is that nozzle collissions are not a problem.
@Andornot: It seems to be really expensive .I was a baker of the kickstarter campaingn and got the 12" for less then 15 GBP smiling smiley
January 26, 2017 03:29AM
I am also a backer owning a 12" plate now.
I have tested it only with PETG so far, as I use this material most.
It was a bit of surprise for me to find that its adhesion to LokBuild absolutely does not depend on surface temperature.
The only dependancy is on area lying on bed, i.e. on the first layer height.
I use 0.4mm nozzle diameter and 0.4mm first layer height, otherwise I damaged the print (not the LokBuild!) when trying to remove it from the bed.
I need not to be worry if the filament will stick to the bed anymore, but if I will remove it after print.
However, finally I've found it is better to heat the bed as I used to use before (to about 80C), as the prints tend to warp slightly after removal because of internal tension.
With heating there is no warping at all.
March 19, 2017 12:28AM
I got mine from amazon.ca and i see it on amazon.com too
March 19, 2017 03:16AM
I wonder if someone can produce a material with these markings etched on

To get an interesting surface on parts?
May 08, 2017 07:55AM
andornot
LokBuild is available from my website www.andornot.co.uk. I have in stock the 8 inch and 12 inch square reasonable priced.

[www.andornot.co.uk]

What's the thickness of LokBuild? I'm using a 12mm inductive probe on 6mm aluminum tooling plate.
Will you get the 0.8mm PEI sheets back on stock soon?
THX
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login