Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

New build, peculiar movement and homing behavior

Posted by fullHundo 
New build, peculiar movement and homing behavior
March 14, 2018 08:52PM
I'm working on my new prusa-style printer built from scratch based on the AM8 plans on Thingiverse. I have encountered a number of issues, but the main problem right now is with axis movement and homing behavior.

First, I can only get the X, Y, and Z axes to move in a single direction through manual control. The printer does not respond when I try to move any axis in the opposite direction. I thought that perhaps this would be resolved after homing each axis, but when I click to home any axis, that axis only moves ~10mm then stops.

I am using the MKS Base 1.5 board from my previous printer with Marlin 1.1.3 firmware. Both the board and this version of firmware worked fine with my previous acrylic frame prusa clone, though I am using new motors purchased on ebay. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Edit: I swapped out the new X axis motor for the known-good X axis motor from my old printer. Still having the same movement issues even after motor swap.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/14/2018 09:19PM by fullHundo.
Re: New build, peculiar movement and homing behavior
March 14, 2018 09:51PM
Your controller thinks you endstops are already triggered

use M119 to check the status of the endstops as seen by your controller

Invert endstops as needed in firmware.
Re: New build, peculiar movement and homing behavior
March 14, 2018 10:06PM
You were exactly right. All endstops came back as triggered rather than open. I inverted the endstops in marlin and it solved the problem. Thank you, Dust!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login