Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

what is fan holder for this type ultimaker extruder clone? eye rolling smiley

Posted by AhmedU 
what is fan holder for this type ultimaker extruder clone? eye rolling smiley
June 20, 2018 04:19PM
what fan holder suitable for this ultimaker extruder type? and how to orient it

[www.ebay.com]

I tried the standard fan holder of ultimaker but it's screw holes are two , while this has four holes , and it does not fit in for the existence of the heat blocks anyway , the only way for it to fit in is on one side with a right angle rotation around original orientation axis
Re: what is fan holder for this type ultimaker extruder clone? eye rolling smiley
June 21, 2018 02:41AM
The ebay listing says its a kraken (clone), not an UM hotend. Try googling around for those, you might have more luck.
Re: what is fan holder for this type ultimaker extruder clone? eye rolling smiley
June 21, 2018 12:45PM
tried googling it , and found nothing relevant
June 21, 2018 09:42PM
ok I realized that kraken hotends require water cooling , but for this ultimaker version I cannot find either the inlet or the output of water to that hotend , any help would be good winking smiley
June 21, 2018 10:29PM
You'll need to add your own water cooling system then.
June 21, 2018 11:00PM
thanks @Trakyan for help, much appreciated , smileys with beer
I am searching for a water cooling system locally ,otherwise I will buy on ebay
I think I bought that extruder without searching enough for it as obvious
seems right now pretty stupid when searching the word Kraken meaning !!!! eye popping smiley
thanks smileys with beer
June 22, 2018 12:35PM
Hi again I failed to find something that actually fit locally
I thought first of cpu cooling kits used for gaming purposes
is that the only choice that I have ?
[www.ebay.com]
its too expensive, is there some other built for hotends' solution that can fit ?
June 23, 2018 06:02AM
An aquarium pump will probably work, they're fairly cheap and you can probably find them locally. I can't say too much regarding the couplings you'll need since I've never used a kraken myself.
June 23, 2018 07:44AM
Thanks @Trakyan smiling smiley
Really appreciate it smileys with beer
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login