Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Advice for the self-construction of a printer and lasagne with chamomile.. eye rolling smiley

Posted by Pinguto 
Advice for the self-construction of a printer and lasagne with chamomile.. eye rolling smiley
September 29, 2018 01:18PM
As mentioned earlier in this post [reprap.org] I am redeeming the pieces of a Chinese DELTA printer for the construction of an old, good and genuine Cartesian hoping to say goodbye forever to all the typical problems of the deltas .. eye rolling smiley

Only now, after finishing the three-dimensional design phases for a large 90%, are starting to come to mind more insane ideas than usual, namely:

1. After spending entire years doing the contortionist to calibrate the bed of a daVinci 1.0A printer, I thought, why not calibrate it with the help of a simple joystick? Just like with car mirrors .. eye rolling smiley
    I already have one of these engines [www.ebay.it] and with the right amperage they have a couple more than enough to screw / unscrew the three screws on which the plate will rest.
    Moreover, they have a ridiculous cost, thanks to the integrated reducer it will be possible to adjust the inclination with an almost millisimal precision and any compensations can take place simultaneously on the three supports of the plate thus allowing to make adjustments almost "impossible" if made by hand. eye rolling smiley
    How about? Could this be unnecessary? No, because at present the printers have everything: automatic tool change, can mill, laser cut, self-leveling probe, telemetry systems and so on and so forth, but really no one had ever thought about what? confused smiley
  2. Considering that lately it seems almost going "fashionable" to keep the electronics completely separate from the camera body, I would have spotted these two projects:
    [www.thingiverse.com]
    [www.thingiverse.com]
    Only to perform a clean job will require "panel" connectors with enough pins and able to support high enough amperages for the plate, the extruders and the motors .. Ideas on the choice of the same? eye rolling smiley
  3. Laser: I already know that I will not use it much, but at the same time I might need to cut or engrave logos on plywood from a few millimeters or simply to make PCBs without incurring the typical problems of bases underexposed to the bromograph ..
    So, power or type of laser recommended to do this? tongue sticking out smiley

da Vinci 1.0A: Veramente una bella stampante, se usata come soprammobile.
Geeetech Kossel Delta Rostock G2s con doppio estrusore 0.4mm, GT2560 e MK4duo V4.3.5: Stampante che svolge il suo lavoro EGREGIAMENTE! Non a caso, da tre mesi dall'acquisto deve ancora fare la sua prima stampa!

"In un mondo in cui intelligente significherà adattati e fai bene il tuo lavoro, le macchine intelligenti saranno i nostri amici, le nostre protesi e i nostri compagni di esplorazione.."
Re: Advice for the self-construction of a printer and lasagne with chamomile.. eye rolling smiley
September 30, 2018 01:57AM
I have played a lot with these 28BYJ motors and their problem is the inbuilt slip clutch and a little backlash in the gears. So don't expect 'absolute' values.
If you modify them, they can be driven like bipolar steppers and RepRapFirmware ( and others? ) are even able to autotune the bed level. I never tried it, but others did.

I played with 2W blue Diode lasers and they cut 3-5mm deep into Balsa wood. Plywood is a different story. But for engraving they are fine.
Be aware, that engraving/cutting produces lots of ashes, which messes up the whole printer. I decided to put the laser in a CNC-mill instead.
Re: Advice for the self-construction of a printer and lasagne with chamomile.. eye rolling smiley
September 30, 2018 02:20AM
Regarding point 1°; As already written about DC42 firmware functionality for 3 lead screws and motors used to adjust the bed level. Never done because the people who could do it happen to be able to build a proper machine that doesn't require all this, not even auto bed irregularities compensation !

"A comical prototype doesn't mean a dumb idea is possible" (Thunderf00t)
September 30, 2018 03:11AM
Yes, I had also noticed the "imprecision" of 28BYJ engines, but considering that they will have to act on screws, I thought it was irrelevant for practical purposes .. eye rolling smiley
If goole translator is not misleading me, do you say that these engines have incorporated a safety clutch? I did not know, you know?eye popping smiley
Also in case of problems I will always replace them with engines of better quality ..grinning smiley
Do you say that others have already done this and self-leveling takes place automatically? Really? Do you have any reference links to their projects by chance? smileys with beer

For the laser I have to admit that I did not even think about the problem of the ashes! thank you! tongue sticking out smiley
Indeed, their potential effect on guides or in linear bearings will certainly not be the most welcome! smiling bouncing smiley

Also what do you think of these wire engravers? [www.vetrineinrete.net] eye rolling smiley
Personally, having the movement of the X and Y axes based on toothed belts would have some fear in mounting the motor directly on the axes of the printer. eye rolling smiley

Geeetech Kossel Delta Rostock G2s con doppio estrusore 0.4mm, GT2560 e MK4duo V4.3.5: Stampante che svolge il suo lavoro EGREGIAMENTE! Non a caso, da tre mesi dall'acquisto deve ancora fare la sua prima stampa!

"In un mondo in cui intelligente significherà adattati e fai bene il tuo lavoro, le macchine intelligenti saranno i nostri amici, le nostre protesi e i nostri compagni di esplorazione.."
September 30, 2018 03:20AM
MKSA
Regarding point 1°; As already written about DC42 firmware functionality for 3 lead screws and motors used to adjust the bed level. Never done because the people who could do it happen to be able to build a proper machine that doesn't require all this, not even auto bed irregularities compensation !
I was thinking about this feature because with this printer I would also mill and perform small jobs with the laser and this would have led to many substitutions of the printing plate (I think it is not the best use a cutter or a laser from 2-5W on the plate heated of your printer) .. eye rolling smiley

However, if there are any alternative solutions I will be happy to apply them! grinning smiley

September 30, 2018 04:01AM
Pinguto
Yes, I had also noticed the "imprecision" of 28BYJ engines, but considering that they will have to act on screws, I thought it was irrelevant for practical purposes .. eye rolling smiley
If goole translator is not misleading me, do you say that these engines have incorporated a safety clutch? I did not know, you know?eye popping smiley
Also in case of problems I will always replace them with engines of better quality ..grinning smiley
Do you say that others have already done this and self-leveling takes place automatically? Really? Do you have any reference links to their projects by chance? smileys with beer
Taken from the curiosity I found this article and it seems much more efficient system I thought in the opening post .. [www.tridimake.com]

I have to implement it .. Now! eye popping smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/30/2018 04:01AM by Pinguto.

September 30, 2018 04:05AM
The 28BYJ are used in pan tilt camera, the slipping clutch allows to zero without limit switches.
Note that Prusa does home in a similar way, realign the two Z motors. Not my cup of tea.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/30/2018 04:06AM by MKSA.

"A comical prototype doesn't mean a dumb idea is possible" (Thunderf00t)
September 30, 2018 12:37PM
If your goal is to simplify, maybe you should consider building the machine so that the bed only has to be leveled once, when you first set it up. It's not that difficult to do, and no active mechanisms are required.

I just hauled my printer to the Milwaukee MakerFaire in the back of a very bouncy truck (after taking it out of my car). I brought it into the venue, powered up and started printing with no adjustments at all. The machine doesn't have autoleveling or zeroing. It's just built very solidly.

If you thought you had problems with a delta machine, with thousands of others having and solving all the same problems, I think you're asking for trouble trying to make a unique piece of hardware/firmware that no one else has or understands.

Ultra MegaMax Dominator 3D printer: [drmrehorst.blogspot.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login